Warning for your kids!

nvts

Hi! I picked up this lovely "nugget" of information on another forum. Keep an eye out!

There is a new website called Omegle.com. Be very watchful if your kids are using it. It sounds like a child predator's dream. This is how they describe their service: Source: omegle.comOmegle is a brand-new service for meeting new friends. When you use Omegle, we pick another user at random and let you have a one-on-one chat with each other. Chats are completely anonymous, although there is nothing to stop you from revealing personal details if you would like.

MODS: Should we put this on General as well?

Beth

M

ML

Thanks Beth! Manster is getting more and more into the computer world and with his passive and easy to influence nature I have to be extra careful. Hugs, ML

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Omegle huh. OK - I am sure difficult child 1 will find this. I'll add it to our server's blocked list!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
$*(&)*(^&(%&^$ - Are you kidding me?! I am SO glad my girls are over 18 finally. Although, I still worry about difficult child and things like this!

Thanks for sharing that. I am going to pass it along.

susiestar

Roll With It
I cannot imagine something I would like the kids to find less than I want them to find this!

What a HORRIBLE concept for a company. I am sure the teens and the pedophiles will love it!

Thanks for the head's up!

eekysign

I always wonder about such things.

We used to have "ICQ" (pre-AIM) back in my high school hey-day. One of the most fun things from those days of the wild 'n' wooly internet was turning off the private feature, so that anyone could see you online.

I know it sounds awful, but we used to get the sleaziest guys from the middle east and southeast asia hitting on us - and we'd all get together at someone's house and mess with them. It was entertaining and ridiculous. I always wondered what kids were meeting strangers online and telling them personal details. We just mocked the creepers, then went back to invisible.

Actually taught me a good deal about how scary the world is - creepy guys live everywhere (especially the UAE and Malaysia, apparently). Probably not the best idea, but man, was it fun.