wejust an update

catwoman

Things have been going well so far since difficult child and I have started communicating again. He's visited with me four weekends, three of them with his girlfriend whom I like very much. We speak on the phone about once a week, just to say hi. He's still working full time and in school part time. I've invited them both for Thanksgiving. I can tell he's still not taking medications but I don't bring it up. He's an adult and if he chooses to struggle it's his business. As long as he is well behaved and respectful around me he's welcome to visit.

Also, I'm going to be a grandma again. My daughter is due in March (her fourth and hopefully last!) I wish they had waited a little longer to give her body time to recover from all the radiation but the doctor felt it was ok.

KFld

What a wonderful update. Congratulations on the progress of your son and that you are going to be a grandma again. I'm glad you like difficult child's girlfriend. That really helps so much.

Thanks for the update.

Sunlight

just reading your signature, what you have had to contend with these past years, and reading your hopeful post...ah the power of the human soul to overcome adversity!
you loving mom, you!

ScentofCedar

And a courageous mom, too.

After all that has happened, I think your son is most fortunate that you are willing to have him in your life again.

I am glad he will be with you this Thanksgiving.

I remember how much you missed him, as other holidays have passed.

Here's to a wonderful Thanksgiving for all of us, this year!

:smile:

Barbara