Welcome Timi!

T

timi

***Hi Timi! My name is Beth and I'm one of the moderators on the Early Childhood Forum. I moved your post to a new thread as you'll get more responses with your own! I'd like to welcome you to the crowd - it's a wonderful group with a lot of information and really strong shoulders to lean on.***

My son is 5 almost 6; he started kindergarten in Sept. We had "issues" before, but I was making headway-daycare and myself were both having way way more good days then bad. The school didnt bother to tell me there was an issue until mid November. Apparently my son hits, kicks even bites(he NEVER does this at home/daycare) Now that the school has told me there is a problem they've started "kicking" my son out of class and I have had to go pick him up several times. I have had resources come into the school to give them the tools that have been and are working yet the school does nothing. My son is not diagnosed though it is believed that he has ODD. My doctors appointment isnt until January, and in the meantime I have to figure out how to make the school understand that my child is not bad.... he has behaviour problems. I feel like I've run out of resources, and im suck between a rock and a rock :( any ideas

Last edited by a moderator:

SRL

Hi and welcome.

I know January seems lightyears away but it's common to wait upwards of 3 months for first time appointments so at least you have him scheduled. What type of doctor will you be seeing?

Some good reading for you in the meantime would be : What Your Explosive Child Is Trying to Tell You: Discovering the Pathway from Symptoms to Solutions by Dr. Douglas Riley
http://www.amazon.com/What-Your-Explosive-Child-Trying/dp/0618700811?&camp=212361&linkCode=wsw&tag=condudisor08-20&creative=380801

Have you made a formal request to the school to evaluate him, as well as let them know you have an appointment on the books for a private evaluation?