Well that was fun, K's Fairies are BACK!!!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I am so tired... I had to PRN K with Diazapam... which I have been avoiding up till this point.
She has been Manic, I would say for about a week now. Since Saturday it has just gotten worse.
I have tried so hard not to yell at her. I am so sad seeing this affect N.
I watch her cycle up and down all day and feel so horrible in her own skin.
She is lying, delusional, grandiose, agitated, euphoric... it is just too much. husband has been gone since last Monday and I think this time it did help to trigger her.
He feels horrible, but he won't be home until at least Saturday...
She has been making stuff up and getting in my face, has to get it out... pressured speech... but so grandiose. Then turning on me. Telling husband all these lies about me.
So tonight I had some calm, we played Go-Fish... OK. Went upstairs to do some puzzles... I brought 2 with me... in one box there is 4. These are cool long floor puzzles.
She did not like this idea at first. I said, maybe a bath would be good and said I thought her "engine" was getting high again. She said her engine was high bit NO bath.
So we start the puzzle, me and N. K is just pacing. I go in to the bathroom to see if I left laundry in. I come out she is starting on on puzzle... So I say I am going to move laundry to dryer.
I come out and she is fiercely grabbing N's hand and screaming at her that she is doing the puzzle wrong.
She wants it done very specific, something in her mind? Who knows? So N is trying to help her, K grabs her again and starts squeezing her hand...she is shaking, stomps on the box
I say to myself, don't yell, deep breath, I move N out of the way. I tell K that I am sorry we are not doing the puzzle the "right" way. What can I do to help her? I will try to fix it.
I get her calm, start N on another puzzle. Just squeeze K and hug her, but she is to agitated to last. She pushes me away and says NO. She can't do it. She goes into her room and starts drawing, which is nice.
I try to get them into my bed to read, this is about 45 min. later. N is so tired and K is exhausted.
I read 1 book, K can't stop moving or talking. It is like this every night. I hate it...
N is afraid... K finally after I ask her to wait in her bed for a few minutes while I read one more book to N, just paces in her room... singing and moving things.
For the next 2 hours she goes on about her powers, how she is a rockstar and has been lying to me about what she really does and her powers... how she got sick when we gave her the Cat 3 years ago and bad Fairies flew into her mouth and into her throat...
She was waving and holding and talking to the "fairies" saying they had come back, but they were mostly bad...
I called husband, who is on the road, just to go over the plan of what to give her as a PRN.
I was crying... so frustrated. I let her talk to him. She was telling him how the fairies were back, and that things are so out of control and that I was all of these horrible things.
I know this is just her being unstable and part of Mental Illness, but it is SO hard and it hurts so bad to hear such things... when everything that you do in life is for your kids.
I am sitting here crying and just can't thinking this psychiatrist apt and move can't come fast enough... we need some help. I need a break.

The only funny thing through all of this past week, in regards to mental illness, was psychiatrist3 called on Saturday!!! He said , "Uh I got a message that you called and you weren't making it to the apt. and that you might be moving? I was just checking in to see if, uh, how things were going?" He left his number... That was how long ago!?!?!? WEEKS!!!
husband thinks I should call. Just to let him know what is up, in a nice way.

Sorry this so long I just really needed to VENT and CRY... I am going to go and check on her... :pouting:

totoro

Just shy of 11pm and she is finally asleep! With a PRN. She is grinding her teeth like crazy and still moving in her sleep. Poor thing. Luckily I went upstairs, the clothes never got put in the dryer!!!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
HUGS all the way 'round... hope you get some rest yourself tonight. Sounds like you'd better keep the diazepam at the ready until you get in for that appointment...

busywend

Ugh, the poor thing. She is out of control. It is good that she can still keep busy though. Drawing, puzzles, marbles, dominoes, etc. - get them all ready on 20 minute intervals. I would make a list of possibilities to distract for the night. Does she watch anything on TV? I am sorry if I should know this - I have been a bit absent from keeping up on everyone.

HUGS!

Christy

Wow, I'm sorry for what K, and everyone around her, is going thru. Only those with a child like this can possibly understand the mental stress of the situation. Sounds like you are doing a wonderful job attempting to provide calming activities and modeling an example of calm, reasonable behavior. I hope things will stabalize soon for your family.
Christy

totoro

Busywend, she does watch TV( as if you are supposed to know that!) ... I try to alternate it. But we are now on Spring break!!! WOOHOO!
She can do a few shows or a movie, then elevation sets in. She woke on fire again... I could not sleep. I just kept thinking of the next storm to hit!
I have already had 3 projects almost started. She is on edge, is being rude. I am listening from the other room, I got them started with their Dora and Diego house... But she keeps getting elevated and screaming at N.
I would remove N from the room, but N has to play with her and wants to. So I will let her until it gets to be too much. Then I will put the TV on to try to calm... then project... then, then , then.
Padded room!!! (for me)

tammyjh

Oh gosh...poor K and I am so sorry that you all have to deal with it and watch her go through this. Hoping that she's ok and that the rest of you stay strong until her appointment. Can you call and keep the dr. informed until you go? I would write it all down, copy it, and give it to the dr. when you go in.
(((((hugs)))))

smallworld

T, I'm so sorry. When is that psychiatrist appointment -- you need it NOW!!!

You probably already know that the mania fuels the psychosis. Since K hasn't been on any medications, it's to be expected that this is happening now.

Hang in there -- you're a warrior mom! Hugs.

B

butterflydreams

I am so sorry that K is having such a tough time. My heart goes out to you and K and N as well.

{{{{HUGS}}}}

Christy

Steely

Sending many hugs, so sorry K is still having so much trouble. I hope and pray something changes for you guys & quick.

Wiped Out

Staff member
I'm sorry K is struggling so much. Poor thing and how exhausting for you. Gentle hugs and prayers.

Aw hun. I don't even know what to say that has not already been said. I am so heartbroken when I read posts like this about poor K.

You and N are real troopers. I too hope this gets situated sooner than later.

Big hugs.