Well we got a date, going to Tucson.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
UofA called they could get us in March 13th or February 7th. We figured with how poorly K was doing we would just go franticly and go for it.
Feb 7th it is!!!
So we are seeing the psychiatrist who sees the kids 7-13 and he specializes in mood disorders.. and Mental Illness. We will do the couple hour intake apt. and then we will stay a week and hopefully go back for a full Nuero-psychiatric and evaluation etc. I have the folder already of all of the forms etc. a lot of them for the Nuero-psychiatric.
The intake coordinator said it is usually 3-4 apts. Then we will schedule ongoing apts until we decide when and if are moving.

We are going to Difficult Child. the Topamax...
So now until the 7th we have to get copies of all of evaluations etc. I think I am going to have her pediatrician send for her psychiatrist's to make life easier. We need to re-de our parent report. Re-do our video. Send Moose to puppy camp!!!:sad-very:
Actually the woman that husband just called that we consult with who trains dogs, said that she is boarding/training a same age mastiff at the same time we will be leaving Indy!!! So it will be perfect!!!
Our neighbor can watch our princess kitties!!!! and our plants...
The in-laws were planning on going out there the following week anyway, so we can check out school etc.
So it should hopefully be a good thing!!!
It is just going to be frantic getting out of here!!!

I think we will not have time to Difficult Child the Lamictal safely... not in that time frame.

I am nervous...

smallworld

T, sounds like a plan! And a very thorough one at that. I'm impressed as well as really, really pleased for you.

Don't worry about Difficult Child'ing the Lamictal. It may end up staying anyway. That's the only medication J's psychiatrist kept in place when J was admitted to day treatment. The rest (stimulant and AD) were Difficult Child'ed. And then the psychiatrist added from there.

Sending positive thoughts that this is it!

So glad you have a plan. You will have all my hugs and prayers and wishes going with you (you may need more luggage).

Give that baby some kisses for me.

susiestar

Roll With It
So very very very glad they could schedule her as soon as Feb 7!!!!

It seems that everything is working out well, I am so glad.

Take time to relax and care for YOU during the rush to get there. Remember, they have stores in Tucson too!

Hugs for all of you!

Susie

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
We are just bringing the basics... it is getting all of the junk together in order to be gone for one to two weeks...
We will have access to a washer and dryer! They have a wonderful cheap used book store close by. I am not bringing any toiletries. We will stop and purchase all of that. We have left toys each time we have visited in the past... so. I will go to goodwill and even pick up little ponies, cars etc.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Things sound promising - I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that all works out to your expectations; more importantly that difficult child gets the help she so desperately needs.

Jena

i'm at work so i can't say much. i just wanted to jump in and say i am very very happy for you. and i truly hope it goes well and you get the answers/help you need as well. i know how hard it can be. please keep us posted.