What a day! I be whupped!!!!

meowbunny

Started with call from lady for whom I was going to clean house -- she cut her finger and was going to ER for stitches. Next call was from friend saying she help get dining room set to daughter's apartment around noon. Then I got call from a client whose house I am watching that his tiler had locked himself out of the house.

So, first thing was to get house opened for workers. Next was to run to ER, get house key, continue cleaning. Stop in the middle of cleaning, get apartment key, meet friend, pick up the furniture, pick up daughter, go to apartment. The plan was to accomplish all of this in 30 minutes, which should have been no problem. And it wasn't until my friend's SUV wouldn't start -- she'd locked the transmission by (a) not putting the emergency brake on and (b) having the tires turned when parked. It took the tow truck 2.5 hours to show up while we baked in the sun. He came, jammed on the brakes and strained a bit but got the car out of park. Our problem was not enough upper body strength to get the tranny unlocked.

Daughter 20 shades of mad cause she was now late for work. Oh, well. No one said you had to come with us -- your roomie could have helped us. My poor friend is apologizing left and right and I'm just feeling bad that she's inconvenienced this way in doing me a favor. sigh

So, I am now home, absolutely exhausted. Skipped the planned dinner and games. Called lady about cleaning and she sweetly told me to come after church.

Oh, and I'm pink now -- definitely not a good color for me. I'll probably nice and red by tomorrow morning.

Can I please start this day all over and change a few things about it?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Definately a Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Day sort of day.

Gentle ((((hugs)))) in case you're sore from the sun.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
I'm giving you a coupon for a do over day......use it now or in the future........I proclaim this day is over and your don't ever have to "do it over" again.......Sending cyber aloe for the sunburn and cooling thoughts.......

F

flutterbee

What a day. Did we forget our sunscreen? Definitely need some aloe.

I hope tomorrow goes much better.

(((hugs)))

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Sounds like an ugly day all around. I'd have been tearing my hair out.

Here's to a better day tomorrow!
:flower: You deserve it.

Definitely a do-over day.

It's one of those days when you think not one more thing could possibly go wrong. And when it does, you look skyward and say "Come on. Are you kidding me?"

Big bad hugs. =^..^=

D

DancesWithWolves

Sounds like a very rotten day for sure.

Did your daughter thank anyone for the dining room set? That was a pretty generous gift.

meowbunny

She thanked my friend for helping deliver it. Actually, she paid $100, I paid the other $150, but it is a gorgeous set, probably sells for about $5K new -- glass top, 4 sage padded chairs with arms, all bronze metal. She got a good deal cause I knew the lady having the sale.

She didn't thank me for getting someone to deliver. It was more complaining that she had it arranged for Sunday. Um, you needed to tell me so that I could call my friend selling the set and let her know. I had the chance, I had the friend, she had the SUV, so I arranged it. But, it's all good -- she just didn't get more help from mom besides what I've already promised she could have. Her loss, not mine.