What about spring break?

TerryJ2

husband and I are thinking about going to Myrtle Beach for spring break. Technically, we have two spring breaks: easy child's in March, and difficult child's in April.
I will drive to Difficult Child and hang out with-easy child for her spring break but we're not sure if husband can get time off, and isn't excited about taking two cars.
So we're looking at Myrtle Beach.
Problem is, we don't really want to take difficult child because he'll ruin the trip.
I agree.
But then why are husband and I going to SC for spring break when it's difficult child's spring break and we wouldn't take him along?
We have no choice.
I vote to only go for 4 or 5 days and take difficult child with-us, and just leave him in the room if he's out of sorts. Ea day will decided in the a.m., but it will not stop husband and me from doing what we want.
It wasn't until I typed this that I realized how ridiculous it would be to go on spring break with-o any kids ...
lol. Life is crazy.

jugey

The dreaded spring break! husband and I have learned the hard way that it cannot be considered anything close to vacation, if difficult child comes along. We have given up. The only time we take her along is if we are going somewhere with friends or family. We need a buffer! We're off to Miami next week and difficult child will stay with her Aunt. I guess you'd have to call us ridiculous! LOL

tiredmommy

I'm dreading spring break. I wish the school board would have used those days to make-up our snow days so Duckie would still have school.