What chores do you hate the most?

JKF

So here I am - Saturday morn - doing all of my household chores. Some I don't mind. I actually love to vacuum, dishes are ok, I like to wash laundry but hate folding. The chore I hate the most is cleaning the bathrooms. I absolutely hate it with a passion! What chores do you hate the most? Just curious.

DammitJanet

I hate most of them...lol. Mostly for me is because I have such a hard time moving though. I dont like folding laundry because it hurts my arms. Washing dishes is torture on my back. And I dont have a vacuum so we have to sweep the floors. I cant sweep.

I used to love washing clothes and folding them because it was something I could see getting done. I have always hated dishes though because it just never ends. I swear we should eat on paper plates and use plastic utensils. Im so sick of washing everything over and over again. I can wash every dish and pot and pan in the house one day and half to do it again the next. I cant figure it out with so few of us here.

JKF

I agree about the paper plates! I feel like I do dishes nonstop and there are only 3 of us here. I actually don't mind doing dishes but it definitely gets old especially during the week. I got them all done and put away this morning but I guarantee my kitchen will look like a warzone again in no time!

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Cleaning grout. Hate it cause I get so Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)'ish making sure its all clean

Marcie

trinityroyal

Vacuuming, and anything to do with yard work.

For the most part I don't mind house chores. I like the instant gratification from seeing the results of my work immediately. But vacuuming and yard work are the bane of my existence. I once let the weeds in my backyard get to waist-height, because I just kept putting off weeding the garden for so long. Blech!

buddy

I hate grocery shopping and not thrilled with dishes. Laundry and grocery shopping have a similar issue I hate, putting stuff away.

I have picked times when we use paper plates and utensils . I keep them around in case I'm sick of dishes again.
Love walking the dog
Neutral about dusting and bathroom cleaning.

The worst about any of it is getting started. Love when it's done. I'm a big procrastinator and if I let things pile up I get overwhelmed.

JKF

I hate weeding too. My husband loves outside chores though so I leave that for him. I also hate putting things away (dishes, laundry, groceries, etc.) but sadly if I don't do it no one else will either. And omg Malika. I haven't given my oven a good scrub down in a while. I hate that as much as i hate the bathrooms! I clean the stove top everyday but the oven....just looked in there....oh boy!

DDD

Cleaning the refrigerator and cleaning the bathrooms. I love cooking and loading the dishwasher but hate unloading the dishes and putting them away. I have never done any weeding...ever. My yard is not featured in Better Homes & Gardens, lol. I have no problem doing laundry but honestly I still haven't figured out how to fold fitted sheets. Fran, I think, wrote a post years ago that her Dad solved that problem by just having one pair of sheets. LOL...I do have more than one pair but most of the time I strip the bed, wash/dry and put the sheets back on. by the way, I enjoy going to the grocery store but I hate "shopping" anywhere else. DDD

PS: Just realized I lied. Former easy child/difficult child strips and makes our bed every Sunday so I don't have to lift. Good boy.

DammitJanet

Oh I cant fold fitted sheets either. I think a machine does it at the manufacturer and from that time forward they never fold correctly again. Its useless to try. Find a drawer and throw em in there. LOL. Or better yet, get one solid colored fitted sheet and use that against whatever color top sheets you want. When the fitted one gets threadbare, just toss it.

I might find dishes more acceptable if I had a dishwasher. Right now I am hiding in my room because I went out to get some drink and my kitchen exploded again and every single thing I own is dirty again. Even the special frying pan I had hidden because people were using it incorrectly. I have no idea how it was found considering I had stuck it in the back of a cabinet behind some boxes. Obviously no one was willing to wash another frying pan so they were going to leave everything for me. Not happening. I will stay in bed till someone else washes the dishes or toss everything out. That isnt an empty threat in my house.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I can fold fitted sheets... They never look like the package, but they are reasonable. It took me years and working at Target to learn.

I hate scrubbing the shower. I'm not fond of the toilet either, or the sink... But the shower - UGH. Tub too. Dishes - meh, either way... I don't like sweeping but don't mind mopping - go figure.

No one allows me to do yard work. I murder plant life.

DammitJanet

Showers are hard..tubs too. I want one of those new tubs with those glass shower doors. One that you can kind of walk in like a car wash. Or better yet, a nice big open shower that you dont even need doors on!

Tiapet

Old Hand
I have no real hated chore, though I can't do any of them. I have adapted some. Dishes I can only do for about 5 minutes (pots and pans and things that can't go in the dishwasher). Laundry I can't do but my oldest difficult child will wash and dry and bring the basket of it to me and then I will sit on couch and fold as I can (as long as arms hold out). It might take me a day to get it all done depending on how much is there. Then everyone has to take it to their own rooms. She also does the vaccuming. Younger difficult children will do the dusting (not much to dust) but that's only because I have a swiffer duster and they LOVE to use it! Bathroom cleaning both the difficult child girls do (older more so) most of the time. Toilets get done with a toilet want when needed otherwise those toilet bowl cleaners are used all the time 24/7. Everyone does their own sheets. Oven is self cleaning.

Janet, have you ever thought of a portable dishwasher and for a vacuum, those self propelled?

Calamity Jane

I don't know if you'd call this a chore, because it's only done once a year, but I hate taking down the Christmas tree, packing up all the household decor, and lugging it all downstairs. Don't mind putting it up, though.

JKF

Showers are hard..tubs too. I want one of those new tubs with those glass shower doors. One that you can kind of walk in like a car wash. Or better yet, a nice big open shower that you dont even need doors on!

Janet - we have that walk in shower in my son's bathroom. No tub - just a corner walk in shower with glass doors. I hate it. It's absolutely horrible to clean! I actually have to take a shower in it while cleaning it in order to get it clean! Yuck! husband and I have a big tub/shower combo in our bathroom but it has no doors. Just a shower curtain with a liner. That's horrible to clean too! The liner gets yucky after a while and needs to be changed every couple of months. My hubby is a diesel mechanic so the tub gets gross if I take a few days "off". I hate cleaning the showers/tub the most out of annnnnything! Gross and such a big pain in the butt!

Tiapet

Old Hand
JFK, they have special shower curtains that they use in hotels that stand up to most anything and are completely washable and no need for a liner either. They withstand water as well, so long as they are actually closed and kept IN the shower not out of the tub. Have you heard about them? Would save on buying new ones so often and be a worthwhile investment perhaps.