What do you freeze?

DDD

Other than the obvious stuff...what do you freeze? I freeze butter, milk and bread so we never run out. I freeze leftover bread products, cooked meat, vegetables. Some of you guys said years ago "I freeze everything."

What exactly is "everything"?? Inquiring minds who are helping difficult child want to know. ;) DDD

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
DDD - everything - is EVERYTHING.

I freeze whatever needs to be saved.

Now honestly? Cottage cheese and sour cream come out a little strange when thawed. But since I cook with them, and don't eat them straight out of the container, it's no big deal.

Warning though. Lemon juice doesn't freeze very well. Just gets very thick.

DDD

Do you keep condiments in the freezer? Soap? Cereals? JuicyJuice?
Hmmmmmmmm.......DDD

DammitJanet

Well if I was going to freeze JuicyJuice I would buy the condensed kind to start with. I cant see freezing soap. That would go in the bathroom. Ketchup and mustard would go in the fridge, unopened goes in the cabinets. Breads and cereal can be frozen. Eggs freeze fine if you crack them into ice cube trays, freeze then place in ziplock baggies. You can make your own microwave meals using leftovers. Soups, stews. In florida I would put flour and sugar in the fridge if you want. I do that here or in glass or plastic containers to avoid bugs. You could freeze them too but they wouldnt literally freeze.

Lothlorien

Freezing juice pouches or juice boxes are great for lunch boxes...unless they eat earlier in the day, then they are a little too frozen.

I buy the huge bag of onions at Sam's and I chop them up and freeze them, so I always have onions.

I buy chop meat in bulk and cook it up/break it up. Spread it out on a cookie sheet and freeze it. Then put it in a plastic freezer bag and you've got meat ready for meat sauce or tacos.....quick and easy.

I also freeze leeks, basil, tomatoes (if I had any this year, which because of the weather, we didn't have any), whatever.

Of course, those mint Girl Scout cookies.......yum.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I freeze everything I can! Breads, butter, and cheese, along with any and all leftovers, including bread ends, all cooked veggies, fresh herbs, meats, sauces, gravies, and leftover canned goods *though not in the can*. I also freeze lemon peels for cookie recipes or iced teas.

Lothlorien

Yep....raw. Tomatoes are chopped up or blanched peeled and run through a food processor. I put them them in a freezer bag and use them in sauces later.

muttmeister

Other than my buns now that the weather has changed....
I freeze any cheese I plan to melt and any kinds of dry stuff that might get buggy if I don't use up right away (whole wheat flour, rye flour, cake flour, cornmeal, rice, cracked wheat, etc.) I also keep my nuts (almonds, brazil nuts, walnuts, pecans, etc.) in the freezer so they don't get rancid.