What Have You Done About Your Will or Trust?

KTMom91

I've been following this, not because of my own DCs, but because my daughter has been so negatively affected by her father's actions. Her father (aka Useless Boy) hasn't worked in about fifteen years. His father (Miss KT's beloved Grandad) passed in 2005, leaving Useless Boy a small trust. Though Useless Boy lives rent free and has expenses paid by his enabling mother, he has run out his trust. His mother continues to support him. He's almost 60. He rarely calls Miss KT, and when she and her hubby came for a visit, Useless Boy was "too sick" to drive 45 minutes to see his only child, who lives nearly 1000 miles away.

I suspect that anything Grandad may have left for Miss KT has already been swallowed up in supporting Useless Boy.

Littleboylost

Long road but the path ahead holds hope.
I've been following this, not because of my own DCs, but because my daughter has been so negatively affected by her father's actions. Her father (aka Useless Boy) hasn't worked in about fifteen years. His father (Miss KT's beloved Grandad) passed in 2005, leaving Useless Boy a small trust. Though Useless Boy lives rent free and has expenses paid by his enabling mother, he has run out his trust. His mother continues to support him. He's almost 60. He rarely calls Miss KT, and when she and her hubby came for a visit, Useless Boy was "too sick" to drive 45 minutes to see his only child, who lives nearly 1000 miles away.

I suspect that anything Grandad may have left for Miss KT has already been swallowed up in supporting Useless Boy.
That is so rediculous. 60 and being kept by your mother. Ugh!