What have you got planned for Independence Day? (for those in the US)

tiredmommy

I found out around 4PM that I am having a small BBQ for husband's family. So I shopped tonight and started straightening up the house. I get to clean and do food prep all day. Then I'll help Duckie shower after dinner, clean up and watch the fireworks.

What does everyone else have planned?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Nuthin. I don't like fireworks. I don't like crowds. I endured both for the kids sake when they were growing up. I don't do them now.

Nichole is spending the holiday at her husband's grandparents cabin south of me. easy child and sister in law are spending it with his family.

KTMom91

Hubby and Son #1 are supposed to clean up the backyard so we can set the pool up. I have no plans other than making sure they stay hydrated.

Lothlorien

Nada....husband fell asleep on the couch (gee, what a surprise). Our day will probably consist of husband waking up and going on the computer to figure out what he wants to do, even tho I asked him to do it tonight. So, it will be 11 am before we leave the house, which will be stressful and full of yelling. Ugh.

InsaneCdn

Well... I'm working. Guess that's what I get for being Canadian... and having Monday off instead.

Happy 4th of July!

recoveringenabler

Staff member
I'm with Hound Dog, don't like crowds, don't like fireworks, did my stint with the kids. Granddaughter is going to boyfriends parents house for a pool party & barbecue, then they're all going to the fireworks. SO and I are, gratefully, hanging out together in the peace and quiet of an empty house.

LittleDudesMom

This will be the first year in 17 years that I've not had a 4th gathering here at my house -- but I will have it on Saturday instead! My cousin is out of town working on a movie and she is one of the folks that has been here every year and is a very important member of our family. The cast only has today off so it wasn't worth her driving the 4 hours just for one day. So, I'm having my 4th gathering on Saturday -- everyone actually liked the idea of moving it to Saturday because no one has to work on Sunday!

Today I'll hit the gym for a class around 11 and then hopefully catch a nap. easy child, difficult child and I will have roasted chicken for dinner and then head out to watch some local fireworks.

:proudamerican: Happy 4th!

Sharon

T

TeDo

difficult child 1 is leaving at 9AM for a fundraiser with his Boy Scout troop all day at a nearby town's big annual celebration. They will bring him home after the fireworks are done. difficult child 2 is leaving around 4PM to go to a different celebration with my niece (she's going to a gathering at her other side of the family). She will bring him home after the fireworks. I ..... plan on doing NOTHING except enjoy the peace and quiet at home!!

klmno

Me, too, TM! Those sound like great plans!

We are headed out shortly to go to Philly. We'll check in at the hotel, get the dogs settled, eat hot dogs cooked at the hotel, then head downtown. We plan to start at the Independence Mall and start working our way toward the park where the live concert and fireworks will be held- stopping to eat at a restaurant. We don't know if we are going to actually make it over to the jam stage and be able to stay awake until fireworks or not (they don't start until around 10:30) so we are just going to play it by ear. Fortunately, E doesn't think the greateast thing about the 4th is the fireworks but it would be nice since he hasn't seen any in about 5 years. We have to figure out transportation, too. I'm all for public transportation but I never know if we need tokens, where to get them, etc, or if we can just hop on and pay cash. I guess that's the ignorance of one one who grew up in a small town and has lived mostly in suburbs. LOL!

Thurs. and Fri. will be spent visiting the aquarium and zoo, then we head home Sat. to prepare for the move- so I guess in short- busy and hectic but fun and enjoyable enough for us.

BusynMember

Well, if it's not 150 degrees (ok, exaggerating) we are just going to have a nice barbecue and then go to the fireworks. Sonic doesn't want to see them; says it's boring. We may or may not persuade him to come with...we can always use the "but we'll miss you" card. It works. Jumper may or may not have other plans...with her we never know if she will be invited to go with friends. Even if it's just hub and I, we plan on finding a nice spot and watching the fireworks.

Our holidays tend to be very low key and peaceful.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Well... husband and Raven are doing a small construction job. Onyxx is working. So I slept in and will probably make burgers later. Having the day off in the middle of the week doesn't make for a fun holiday... And I can't stay up to watch any fireworks tonight, because I have to work tomorrow. Even though husband likes setting them off.

witzend

We would probably do something if invited, but we know no one, and were out of town when the weekend celebration was held, so, more than likely nothing.

buddy

We started out at the parade this morn and q got treats there but it is already over 90 so we left early. He wants to go swimming again. I'm getting sun sick so said we can go later. We usually go with family to fireworks but most of the cousins are gone this year and one sister is enjoying her kids being gone by being with a new boyfriend. She thinks we would not be as fun. Imagine that, lol.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
LOL husband got home from his job... Raven did NOT go with, so now is helping husband - fix the truck starter, clean the trailer... husband is not in a good mood where children are concerned... But, burgers almost ready to throw on the grill, and I made queso... A LOT of queso... So I'm happy - and so is Bean. :bigsmile:

Here we are keeping it peaceful and quiet. husband and I normally head down to a fireworks celebration in the shore towns near us, but it's complete gridlock- last year we were so stuck, never again. We always planned some fun when the kids were little, but I'm done! I'll be in Nova Scotia for the Canadian version of July 4th, so we may do something there.

tiredmommy

Well, food prep is well under way, the house is as clean as it will be and Duckie is in the pool (floating on a lounger due to her broken wrist) with husband and her friend from two doors down. It doesn't get much better than this!