What I do with Thanksgiving leftovers.

goldenguru

I buy heavy duty disposable aluminum pans.

I place the leftover mashed potatoes, stuffing, turkey and green bean casserole in the pan and cover with what gravy is left.

Cover well with 2 layers of foil and freeze.

These family sized 'homemade TV dinners' are great to pull out and stick in the oven for quick dinners. The are also great to take to a sick friend, etc.

This year son took one back to college - for when he really misses mom's home cooking and I sent one home with daughter and sister in law to enjoy whenever.

Food for thought! (PUN INTENDED) :smile:

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Leave them out on back door step, forget that you put them there... because of the chaos from your difficult child... find the foil that you wrapped them in blown all over the yard and remember that you put them out there, oh everything is frozen rock hard because it is almost zero... DOH!!!

Fran

Former desparate mom
Turkey pot pie and a turkey rice type pot pie is a regular for our family. I imagine I could freeze it but there isn't any left over usually.

ctmom05

<span style='font-family: Courier New'>I have fun reinventing leftovers.

Right now, I am cooking up a pot of soup made from several leftover ingredients that went into other dishes for our Turkey Day dinner: fresh mushrooms, some frozen shrimp, creamed onions, a few stalks of broken up asparagus, and cooked macaroni shells with a can of Campbells cheddar cheese soup and milk.

I got sirloin steak on sale a couple of weeks ago for $2.99 a pound, which is going on the grill, with tater tots in the oven, and left over baby gold and white corn on top of the stove to round out the meal. </span>

G

guest3

cream of turkey & rice soup

1 pint white rice from chinese restaurant
2 cup milk or cream
1 can cream of celery soup
1 cup chopped turkey
1 cup left over vegetables from t-day
1 cup shredded cheddar (add at end)

simmer all on stove for about 40 minutes on low heat

salt & pepper to taste

Penta

First, I made a plate to take to one of the homeless men who stand on a nearby corner. Then, I made turkey sandwiches, good old NOLA gumbo, turkey vegetable noodle soup, and gave the dog some small bits as a treat.

That about does it! We have meals for the week now.