What is your favorite name

mstang67chic

Going Green
......that your difficult child (or easy child for that matter) has ever called you? After reading Wiped Out's post on General, I got to thinking. My personal favorite (that I laugh about NOW) was when my difficult child called me an blank hermaphodite. Later that day I asked if he knew what it was and his reply was close enough that I didn't bother explaining further at the time. :tongue:

Any favorites on your list?

Last edited:

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
x-xx' weenie head.

My fav because its so senior high/kindergarten, all wrapped up in one.

I think Star's DF used it a few times when he was stuck in traffic.

Last edited by a moderator:

DammitJanet

This is a funny thread. Kinda timely. I got Tony a t-shirt for Fathers Day that said: "Of all the names that I've been called, I like Papa best!"

I guess I would have to second that...Gramma!

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I'm not a prude but I have to tell you that I really hate any reference to "F" words. If that's your favorite, please find another one to post that doesn't use that word or abbreviation. It's censored for a reason. :redface:

Suz

DammitJanet

Suz....can I tell you a funny about the censors on here? Since I have been posting more and more and noticing the censors...or I guess since we have been talking about them more...I really do notice how I word things and work around the censor list. Like saying "hind end" or my all favorite "winky" and "poo" and such stuff. Carp. Hoover.

Things like this have now migrated over into my real life language. I am not cussing anywhere near as much which is a mighty good thing when I have a little repeater here. Even Cory has started using my words. He says SNAP for oh S.... LOL.

They were really confused though when I told them that something really hoovered!

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Janet, I've been known to spew a few well (or poorly, depending upon your perspective) chosen words in my private life as well. Being so aware of language here has also really helped me clean up my mouth elsewhere. :bag:

As for the topic at hand, like EW, Rob didn't call me names to my face. I got the "I hate you" kind of stuff instead. :(

Suz

Wiped Out

Staff member
I think my favorite is the most recent. difficult child has called me some nasty names over the years that I never thought were funny. The red head one though cracked me up!:)

Fran

Former desparate mom
"you pickhead. Sorry mom". is said all in one breath when difficult child was about 8. It was so obviously a made up nasty name that he felt he had to apologize.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Fran, the fact that your difficult child apologized as soon as he called you a BAD NAME is just exactly what endears him to me. He has a good heart.

Suz

Marguerite

difficult child 1 tells everyone I have "Black Knight Syndrome". It's because I'm stubborn, indepndent and don't let things get me down. I soldier on, at times over-the-top, in his mind. For example, I went out with him and daughter in law yesterday to his new doctor, even though I have a broken rib and I'm still in recovery mode from whooping cough. difficult child 1 was amazed by this, he felt I should be home in bed (nope!).

He gets the phrase from "Monty Python and te Holy Grail" where Aurthur is challenged to battle by the Black KNight. Through the ensuing battle various bits of the Black Knight get hacked off but he refuses to admit he is wounded. His arm is on the ground with blood pouring from the stump and Black Knight says, "'Tis but a scratch - fight on!"
Finally at the end of the battle Black KNight is reduced to a head on the ground, no arms or legs. As Arthur rides away, the Black KNight yells after him, "That's right you coward - run away! Come back here so I can bite your kneecaps!" (or similar)

Marg

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
"You are SO mean Mommy"
That's about it. LOL
K is so innocent still, though she wishes she were not. She has no real mean vocabulary.
husband and I try very hard to keep our mouths clean around their ears. Still hard at times. ;)
She did tell husband the other night that she was going to run away and live in the woods----
"And live off of grubs"
She was fuming! And this was still all that she had... so cute even when she is angry beyond control, she will bite and hit and threaten to kill herself. But her mouth is still so young! LOL

Fran

Former desparate mom
Thanks Suz. difficult child does have a kind personality when he isn't aggitated, stressed, anxious, oppositional.

Marguerite, I like the Black Knight analogy.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Sorry. Didn't mean to offend. Its not my fav, just the funniest bad name difficult child has ever called someone, made far funnier by Star's DF using it.

My true fav's are chief and mamita, which difficult child 1 called me when his friends started asking why he called his mom (me) by her first name. "Mom", to him, just couldn't shake the bio mom connotations for him, so he finally started using chief or mamita, tho he still refered to me as mom when talking to others. It means a lot to me because he did it so he would not have to explain to others than I wasn't his "real" mom, and to this day he addresses me with one of these names. I guess it means a lot cause I feel like I earned it in his eyes, and despite all the sleepless nights and gray hairs, I love him and I'm proud of him.

I love the black knight. That's just too funny.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
We routinely call each other "poop" at our house. easy child started it. If I'm crabby, H will tell me, "Don't be a poopyhead".

difficult child has called a few colorful names over the years, but none of those have had an endearing effect on me. :tongue: I don't even like it when she calls me "Mommy" anymore because these days it usually means she wants something she knows I won't say yes to! But I do kind of miss being called Mommy - these days it's just Mom.

easy child calls my H "Papi". In fact she bought him a father's day card that was in Spanish and began with "Papi". She wrote all the translations under each sentence - H got a kick out of that.

And they all refer to me as "Memaw" when handing me easy child's puppy Izzy.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Weanie head is STILLvery popular in traffic in the Star house.

As far as favorite names ......I guess it was Mommie, then Mom, and now Momma, in between a lot of OMG I could NOT type here - your screen would melt and Suz would cast me into the pit, but I think the one I loved the best was when Dude was about three years old. We were at the beach and it was our safe haven from a life of misery. No one hurt us at the beach. No one called us names or scared us at the beach. It was sunset and we had just found a sea cucumber and a live sand dollar. We looked, then put them back and came back to the blanket to sit and have a sandwich. Dude reached up touched my face with a sandy little hand and said "Beautiful Mommie" and meant it. THAT touched me more than any other name - even the bad ones.

susiestar

Roll With It
When Wiz was about six he was reading a thesaurus I had out. After that he got pretty creative, mostly because I said that the ONLY people who curse are those not smart enough to know words that are more appropriate.

My favorite was when he was mad and called me a "terpsichorean". I thought it was a RIOT!!! It means someone who dances (or close to that). The really HILARIOUS part was the letter I got from his second grade teacher telling me that he was using "foul, disgusting curses" because he called her a "dizzy terpsichorean". I KNEW talking to her would just have her accusing me of "covering things up for him" - which I NEVER did - so I had him take the dictionary to school with the page marked and the word highlighted.

She also got upset when he told a classmate that he wished a hundred fleas would nest in his armpit. ROFL!!! She turned bright red when I asked her if he should have called her a blankety blank instead? (the classmate had been bullying Wiz all year with no one taking care of it).

Great thread, these are cute!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I'm sure difficult child 1 has called me some choice stuff out of my hearing. But so far... From her... "I wish you were my REAL mom". From difficult child 2 - "Mommy".

My favorite nicknames for them? Goofball & BBGRL (yes, she texts... and so do I...) husband calls them Big Guy and Pumpkin. I'm the only person allowed to call her baby anything!

My favorites for their BM? difficult child 2 calls her by her given name. difficult child 2 calls her that, or (occasionally)... "itch bay" - she's not allowed to say it either, so she censors for us. They see. They're not idjits.

For husband? "Daddydaddy" from difficult child 2 - and "BRAT!" from difficult child 1.

(And I got the same thing from a teacher once - so for a while everyone was an obsequious nit...)