.What's on the menu

everywoman

Oops--lost that one

Red Velvet Cake just came out of the oven. Getting ready to start frosting.
Sugar Cookies went in
Standing Rib Roast seasoned and wrapped to dry age
Potaoes
Squash Casserole (Squash is done, ready to be mixed)
Vegatble Casserole
Creamed Cheese Corn
Yeast rolls
Sweet Tea

Tonight it's BBQ at sister in law's.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I have NO idea. Seriously, H and I are going to the store later to decide. He wants Empanada, which are a real pita to make and heavy....and I'd have to figure out what to make with them. He always says I cook way too much food when it's just us (dds are on LI).

I wanted hambone bean soup, but H said no (it gives him gas-lol!!!)

I really have no idea. Maybe a seasoned pork loin roast with mashed potatoes and sauerkraut? Hmmmm...

Your menus sounds excellent - what time is dinner tomorrow?

meowbunny

We're grazing today. Have a sandwich platter laid out. Fresh strawberries and waldorf salad. Stollen (German fruitcake -- not as heavy as American). Still cutting up veggies for spinach dip. Shrimp in the fridge for tonight. Will cut up French bread and make dipping sauces to go with it. Cheese and meat platter will be done for tonight.

Tomorrow its bbq'd loin of pork, fresh green beans, bourban smashed sweet potatoes, spinach salad, pumpkin and cherry pies.

Then I'm not going near the stove until New Years Eve when we're back to grazing.

All grazing tonight. At my aunt's house. Where I decided that I am going, after all.

Shrimp scampi, spinach puffs, my artichoke dip, probably stuffed artichokes, who knows what else, enough cookies to put you into a diabetic coma, and fresh cannolis.

Tomorrow - my place, just my brothers & my parents - lasagna.

Mmmm.

meowbunny

BBK -- So glad you decided to go. I'm sure your family will be thrilled to see you and I'm willing to bet it will do you a world of good.

klmno

Wow, between this thread and the one on apetizers, I'm hungry and feel like a slacker!! I made a big Thanksgiving dinner (traditional) but we both decided we didn't care so much about doing that for Christmas this year. So, tonight it's glazed ham, potatoe cheese casserole, and fresh green beans with- bread. Tomorrow, donuts for breakfast while opening gifts (one of our traditions), sausage balls with- cheese fondue, brie cheese and crackers, turkey sandwiches with- chips and dip. Oh, did I forget to mention the ONE cookie I get tonight? Well, I can't complain too much- we rarely eat desert and difficult child decided he wanted to make cookies, which he did when he was younger for Santa. Anyway, he was impatient and made them Fri., and has eaten all but one, that he's saving for ME!! YIPEEE!!

We do crab legs, steak on the grill, baked potatoes, salad, and garlic toast every New Year's- does that count for anything ?!!?

happymomof2

My house tonight:

Turkey
Dressing
Sweet Potatoes fried with-brown sugar and butter
Green Bean Casserole
Mashed Potatoes & Gravy
Rolls
Chocolate and Pumpkin Pie
Plus whatever the neighbors are bringing

Sisters Tomorrow:

Cocktail sausages wrapped in bacon with-brown sugar
Ham
Cookies galore
Lots of other finger foods

Think maybe by the end of the week I will put back on the few pounds I have managed to lose!! :smile:

Kathy813

Staff member
Let's see. . .

Tonight we will go to a restaurant for dinner and then to the Christmas Eve service at church. I think we will go to Romano's Macaroni Grill since I have a gift certificate to use. I called a little while ago to make sure that they will be open.

In the morning, we will have husband's once a year blueberry coffee cake which is delicious. Then for our holiday dinner (yes ~ southern time which means around 1) we will have Honeybaked ham and turkey breast, baked apples (yum), green been casserole (easy child's favorite), masked potatoes (difficult child's favorite) and rolls.

Supper will be leftovers.

Then we head out early on the 26th for Florida to visit my mom. This will be the first family trip with all of us (even difficult child) in a very long time.

Wish me luck!!!

~Kathy

DammitJanet

We are doing it rather easy this year.

Glazed Ham
baked sweet taters with butter and brown sugar
green bean casserole
rolls
3 pies: pumpkin, pecan, caramel apple

Cory claims he is cooking this year...lol. Tony says he will do the pies which is rather funny since all he has to do is take them out of the box from Sam's Club! Cory is a very good cook when he wants to be.

I am assuming we wont have Keyana tomorrow but may get her over NY's which is when we do our collards and black eyed peas meal.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Tonight it's sloppy joe's with fresh veggies sticks & fries.

I'll most likely make a Dutch pancake tomorrow morning & serve it with sausage & applesauce.

The rest of the day is going to be a tray cheese & crackers, fresh fruit & cookies laid out for snacking. At dinner time, each of us are creating our own homemade pizza. I'll have the dough ready & waiting for the personal creations. I have a pizza bar of ingredients (for 3 - didn't go overboard).

Along with that a salad & garlic bread.

It sounded like fun & we all liked the idea.

Pam R

Tomorrow's dinner:

Bacon wrapped deep sea scallops
Venison steak with dried cherry demi-glace sauce
Baked acorn squash
Wild rice blend

(DS's separate menu :rolleyes: )
Bacon-venison burgers
French fries
Corn

Snacks:

Celery with garlic hummus
Macadamia nuts
Mixed nuts

Dessert:

Apple custard
Chocolate chip ice cream for husband

Pam R.

Star*

call 911........call 911
A frozen lean cuisine chicken and fried rice meal.

-Tomorrow Alfredo and something by Marie Calendar - nom nom nom

Star*

call 911........call 911
Fran,

Unless Emeril shows up here - BAM - it's frozen tv dinner.
(I think I'm going to my own cyber party ~lol)

muttmeister

For Christmas Eve we had
oyster soup
chili
crackers
fresh veggies
boiled shrimp and cocktail sauce
brie and fruit baked appetizers
copper penney carrots
corn relish
pasta salad
2 cheese spreads with crackers and cranberry salsa
Christmas poke cake

Today for Christmas dinner we had
Pork Loin with Cranberry BBQ Glaze
Mashed potatoes
Gravy
Sweet potato casserole with streusel topping
Cranberry relish salad
Green Bean Casserole
Crock pot corn with cream cheese
Rolls
Pumpkin pie
Cranberry-Apple Pie with walnuts

So now I can eat leftovers until it is time for my diet to begin.
LOL

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
For Christmas Eve we had nachos.

Christmas Day we went to my neighbor's house and ate Juca, Pastelles, Plantains, Rice with Beans, Flan. And lots of cookies.

I just polished off a bottle (tiny) of Baileys and am feeling quite warm. Time for bed.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Yesterday we had lasagna, Italian sausage links, and garlic bread.

Today I made my first ever prime rib roast. I was very nervous but it turned out delicious!!!!!!! We also had French country potatoes and maple syrup glazed carrots.

susiestar

Roll With It
Hi all.

I have no clue what they ate for Christmas Eve - migraine, sick all day.

Today (Christmas) we had bacon and eggs and hashbrowns, then Jess and I made Oreo Snowballs (recipe follows) a family secret recipe cookie, and then peppermint candy crushed up into melted white chocolate chips and put on pretzels. Don't know what you call that other than yummy!

We had dinner in the evening at my parents. Traditional family dinner - coldcuts, cheese, 2 or 3 kinds of bread, dip, chips, cookies, veggie tray, fruits, NOTHING needing much prep!

Then home to sog a bit and go to bed.

Anyway, here is my Holiday recipe:

Oreo Snowballs

Put 1 package (18 oz) of double stuff or regular oreos into the food processor. Run it until they are crushed finely. Add 1 package of cream chees (8 oz) and process until mixed well. Put in bowl and freeze for an hour or so. Take out and form into balls.

Melt 1 package white chocolate chips over very low heat. Dip balls into white chocolate and set on parchment or waxed paper. Let set until firm. Store in fridge.

These are SOOOO good, it is a new recipe for us, hope you like it.

susie

SRL

We changed to appetizers on Christmas Eve and it was all very well received. I think they can get a dinner any ol' time but this made it seem special. Yesterday we had cheese balls, shrimp and veggies set out and then a traditional ham dinner (rolls green beans, hot spiced fruit, jellos, cranberry relish, etc).

I made dinner for my kids' elementary teachers for Friday and surprised three other (small) households as well. I feel like I've been cooking nonstop since last Thursday, which is pretty much true except for shopping, sleeping and wrapping breaks. I have a mountain of dishes I ran off from yesterday to go to inlaws to prove it. Anyway, there I was in the van on the way over, head back dozing when my daughter who is playing her Nintendo DS exclaims "Mom, you just have to cook this!" I look over and she is playing the game "Cookin' Mama".

You can just imagine what I said to that!
:smile: