When it rains it pours

Wiped Out

Staff member
and I'm really hoping it stops soon!! Yesterday we were driving the minivan to Elijah's therapy. It's the van easy child/difficult child drives to school. The steering wheel was very unstable and there was a funny noise. When we got home we asked her about it. She said she was driving home in the light snow and made a turn very slowly and went up on a curb (it really is a very tricky intersection, I did the same thing at the same intersection four years ago and I've seen numerous other accidents there when it is slippery).

So husband called and we are to drop off the van tonight at 7:00.

This morning, about 15 minutes after husband dropped me off at work, he called to tell me he and difficult child had been rear ended!! Luckily no one was hurt. However, the last thing we need is to pay two deductibles right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm hoping we are done with bad luck things for a while as supposedly they come in threes and I figure Mom's stroke last week counts as one of the three.

On the bright side, the accident reinforced my belief that there are a lot of good people out there.

A former teacher of difficult child's saw him on the side of the rode with husband and he stopped and drove him to school! Later we received an email from him entitled "difficult child's chauffeur" (lol) He just wanted us to know difficult child made it to school fine.

Then I was explaining to a father of a student in my room what had happened with the cars. He was so sweet and worried about what we would do for a car. I told him I was sure we would get a loner. He offered his vehicle to me because he has to go to New York for a week on business. He was very serious. Even though we shouldn't need to take him up on it, I still thought it was incredibly nice!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Sigh. Yes some days it does feel that way! And it's lousy when it happens.

Thank God for Good Samaritans, though! It certainly can help take the sting off a bad situation. :)

H

HaoZi

Good thing you learned about it now instead of the steering going out completely while easy child was driving it.

susiestar

Roll With It
Sorry about the cars - it sure does pour sometimes, doesn't it? I am glad none of you were hurt. People can be super nice - esp the teacher who took difficult child to school and the other parent who offered you a vehicle! You deserve people to be super nice to you!!!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Glad no one was hurt, and that really stinks about the cars.

That was awfully nice of the teacher to give difficult child a ride.

I hope you've met your bad luck quota for the year.

Hugs

jal

I am glad everyone is ok and that was very kind of the person to offer you a loaner. I can certainly relate. husband and difficult child were tboned in Dec and the car was totaled. So we were down to one car and husband is using his mothers since she is awaiting back surgery and doesn't drive. I got in mine this am to go to work and the engine light is blinking and the car is bucking. Down to one car again and no idea as to how I can pay to fix it, let alone do I know what the problem is!

flutterby

Fly away!
It does seem to hit all at once, doesn't it?

I'm glad no one was hurt. And how nice of the teacher and other gentleman. It shows how highly they think of you. :)