tryagain

JKF, my difficult child is in the hospital tonight and probably being transferred to the psychiatric hospital tomorrow for attempting suicide last night. We thought she was doing so well -and now this.

So though our problems are different, I know how it feels when you think things are looking up for them -and then you realize that once again, Lucy has snatched away the football from Charlie Brown, just like every other time. I feel so much like Charlie Brown when I dare to be optimistic. Hope may "spring eternal", but hope is a cruel thing for the parent of a disturbed child...

Prayers for you and me tonight, and blessings to all of the weary parents here.

Childofmine

one day at a time
Yes, JKF, thinking of you and hoping you are okay, please let us know when you can.

And tryagain, I am glad you have posted. I am so sorry about your daughter and I hope she is okay and is somewhere where she can get help to start again.

You are right, we are so afraid to be hopeful, Try. It is scary to open ourselves up....again....after we make some progress on the detachment journey.

I am working to expect nothing but to be silent and present with a positive attitude for my son. Right now, I don't know where he is in our town. He sends me facebook messages via a computer at a day shelter.

Two days ago he didn't post anything and I felt myself become afraid for his safety. I worked hard that day to let that feeling go and to be silent and wait.

The day before that he had posted several things about his car (which is undrivable and very battered) that he wants to sell, wanting his resume and asking about his w-2 form. I worked hard that day to keep my thoughts to myself about his intentions. I said nothing to him about my thoughts. I can become awfully cynical really quickly but who does that hurt? Me.

Yesterday he posted another message about his car. I didn't respond. I had all I needed for now, to know he is alive.

I don't know where he is staying every night or what is next for him. The old me HAD to ask a million questions---I was nearly crazy with the need to know and control and influence and manage him. And I am sure I drove him crazy too.

I am working hard to remain silent but present with a good attitude. It's a hard line, Try. It's a tough place to try to balance.

Please keep us posted on your daughter and how she is doing. Please let us know how YOU are doing. Whatever you are feeling right now, you have a right to those feelings, Try. Sit with them and feel them. Write it all down---that really helps.

We are here for you.

tryagain

Child of mine, I appreciate you reaching out to me. Reaching back to you this morning with a (((hug))) and sending positive thoughts and my prayers for your difficult child and mine, and for all of our children who have lost their way.