Who Thinks of These Things?

susiestar

Roll With It
One of the deal-a-day sites has an UZI tactical pen for sale today. You get to choose from 4 models - DNA catcher, DNA catcher with hidden handcuff key, glass breaker with handcuff key and glass breaker with hidden handcuff key. Your choice for only $13! And it also actually writes! With ink and not a hidden razor blade to carve your message into someone.

Why one EARTH would a law abiding citizen NEED one of these? Is that a gift that you would give to someone?

Some of the items I run across are just so strange that they must be created and marketed by difficult children. I cannot think of many situations where you would need or even want a glass breaking/dna catchng/handcuff opening pen. Generally if you are put into handcuffs you need to leave them on or someone may shoot you.

in my opinion if you need one of these, you need to focus on some major lifestyle changes.

What do the rest of you think of these? http://lastcall.dailysteals.com/

(on the other hand, I can see how my husband or boys would find them quite cool,sigh.)

SuZir

(on the other hand, I can see how my husband or boys would find them quite cool,sigh.)

And I would had found them very cool in my teens or even college years. And during those latter times they would had become handy too. Our college students tend to have special costume for parties and events etc. depending what you are studying and where and one of the most common accessories with these overalls were handcuffs. And well, you can probably guess how often someone found themselves handcuffed to something or someone and without keys...

And my best guess for potential buyers: law abiding engineering students and engineers.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
The answer to who? People like my Dad and my husband. ESPECIALLY together. They come up with some STRANGE stuff.

Has anyone seen the show 'Doomsday Prepper'? It's about families who are scared theworld will end and they prepare and stockpile all kinds of insane things. The people spend so much money on stupid things.These people would love this item. Try and see this show. I feel sorry for them. One family spent 10 grand on freeze dried chicken. They spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on the craziest stuff.

SuZir

Has anyone seen the show 'Doomsday Prepper'? It's about families who are scared theworld will end and they prepare and stockpile all kinds of insane things.

I know this show! :bigsmile:

You may not know it, but in Europe, at least in my corner of it, we enjoy our crazy American stereotypes. And you produce so many good shows for us to enjoy that stereotype and laugh and roll eyes. Doomsday Preppers is one of our current 'laugh for Americans'-favourites along with Bridezilla and some dance mom show.

(Yeah, we do know, that fast majority of you are not like that. But it is still fun.)

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
LOL SuZir... Onyxx is addicted to Teen Mom... husband loves Axe Men, Moonshiners, Doomsday Preppers... Me? I want to watch Dallas, Rizzoli & Isles, Grimm, and Dreamworks Dragons: Riders of Berk. "Reality" TV is completely UNreal!

DammitJanet

I love Dance Moms! I rarely catch Doomsday Preppers unless its in the middle of the night when I cant sleep....or when the seasons change and all that is on is reruns. Then I go hunting those shows I havent watched before. LOL

Funny side note.

Our dog in the picture is named Abby for Abby from NCIS whose name is really Abigail. However, when she is bad, Tony calls her Abby Lee as in the Abby Lee dance company from Dance Moms. LOL

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
That would be a popular item in my family, but only if I could actually look at it up close to get the real jest of what it is intended for. I have purchased (at no where near that original price omg!) some off the wall "tools" that fit nicely on my key ring that you just wouldn't believe how handy they are. I've got one that is one of those multi tool things.....has a screw driver, needle nose pliers, wrench, wire cutters ect ......and I've already needed to use more than one of them in a pinch. I don't have to hunt for it cuz it's on my key ring. Now I have no clue wth someone wants with a handcuff key.....but that glass breaker can come in handy in certain situations.

I liked my lil multi tool thingie so much I gave them out for xmas presents last year. Cost me 2 bucks each at Staples during their back to school sale.

Suzir- Do you get Honey Boo Boo? I love that show! I can only imagine how other countries perceive us.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
We recently toured a (legal) moonshine distillery. Wee loves Moonshiners, and it was obvious from the endless questions he asked the poor man. Lol