Why do I get embarressed?

klmno

I really enjoy making stuff and putting together gift baskets for the neighbors. difficult child used to help bake stuff (nothing major) and I'd put a few pieces of "sweet stuff" with a fiew pieces of fruit and a card in a basket. I would always have difficult child deliver it because it always made me embarrassed to do that part.

With him being gone this year and living in this neighborhood where people hardly do more than wave to each other, I wasn't planning on doing it at all. But I made one for the man who dug my car out when it got stuck in the road (and he wouldn't let me pay him). I just delivered it and of course, he was gracious, but I was still very embarrassed.

Any idea how to get over that? I don't get embarrassed talking to my neighbors- they just don't do that as much in this neighborhood as they did our last one. And I've never had anyone be rude or do anything to embarrass me when I do this so I have no idea why it happens.

Steely

I am the same way.........I think it is because we have a hard time being vulnerable. We are afraid that if we open even a corner of our soft side, that someone will take advantage of it. It is easier if our kids make the goodies, because they are the ones being "sweet, cute, and giving". At least that is how it is for me.

I have put together a bunch of stuff for only a 2 person get together tomorrow, and I am still worried that he will think I am "x,y, or z". I am not sure what adjectives fall in there. It is just that I am out of my comfort zone.