Yikes! More!

dreamer

yoweee! We got like 6-8 inches of snow on SUperbowl Sunday and today, this afternoon it began to snow very hard, and thunderstorm.....at least it blew away the very dense fog, BUT most recent weather reports say we could get over 14 inches and it might just keep on going until tomorrow nite at 6 pm!

So, I went to the emergency school closeing website for local news, not becuz our school will close, but just cuz I am nosey.

Wow! The county government center is right by my house......I mean right there.....and- they already posted they are gonna be closed tomorrow due to weather! I have NEVER seen them closed in my 20+ years of living here....Our comm college a couple miles away already posted all classes for tis afternoon, tonite and tomorrow- cancelled. Several of our factories also posted they are also closed, some for 2nd shift till tomorrow and some for 3rd shift and thru tomorrow.

I had to go to court today for my moms estate matters, and I have court Fri for the perv regarding my dtr and several other girls.....(it has been draggin on almost 2 years in court and 9 years since it all began) and tomorrow some high profile very serious cases were supposed to get sentences handed down. Now I am thinking the weather is gonna just shove all of it even further into the future and drag it out even more than it already is.

Oh well, nothing I can do about it.
Except more shoveling, LOL, grr. Good thing I am doing so well still, LOL. Wonder if I will get some cool muscles? LOL

On a more exciting HAPPY note?
we got a computer!
I have no idea what to DO with it, or HOW to do it-----I never even had a computer when I worked ever. And did not use one in college-nurseing school etc. BUT husband has been horseing around with it all day (which could be good, but might be very very bad, he has a black finger for all things electronic or mechanical etc altho in 80s he was a computer systems analyst- so he THINKS he knows what he is doing, but he has NOT worked since 1990)

Hope everyone stays safe in the nasty weather I see all over the map on TV!!!!!

Yup, we are due for 10-12 more.

The ONLY good thing is that the rain melted a lot of what was already there.

Everyone keep driving safe...

Wiped Out

Staff member
Dreamer,
We're getting a ton of snow too but not as much as you-they are forecasting 10 inches here-I, of course, am pulling for a snow day!!!

I bet you will love the computer!!

husband just ordered he and I a new laptop so that we can actually access ours because easy child seems to be always on it for her homework. Tonight is my first night of using it!!

dreamer

YIKES!!!!! Tornados hitting in Nashville, have been in ARkansas and Memphis tornado sirens keep going, too!
This weather is nuts!

A laptop sounds awesome----and yeah, I wonder if I will ever get to use the computer, with my husband and kids, it could be I might not, LOL.we will see, I can always pull rank?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Dreamer

I'm sure you'll have the computer figured out in no time. I mean, honest, it's not all that hard. I taught myself, with help from kids and husband about 8 yrs ago. At first I was scared to death I'd break the thing. Now, shoot I do all sorts of stuff with my computer, including animation and digital art.

Time, patience, and practice.

:2cold: Sorry to hear about the snowstorm pounding you guys. This has been some winter. The last 2 days we've been sitting in 60 degrees.

4sumrzn

Good luck with the new computer....I bet you will have it mastered in no time! The weather...I'm not much into all the snow. It's been crazy here......ice, snow, 60', thunderstorms, flooding, fog, rain, flurries, 60', snow, ice & back to thunderstorms....add in some tornados with the flooding tonight, freezing temps again & I'll be able to ice skate on my pool at the end of the week. CRAZY WEATHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dreamer

Well, I think I sorta lied kind of- I have used a computer at Ronald McDonald House, a little bit, not a lot, half the time it is broken down. And I have gone to our library and with help from librarian and kids I have come to this site and done a little emailing off that computer, LOL.

husband is still horseing around with it. :-( so I am still on my webtv.

Yes, we have had all those ups and downs, too, very unseasonably warm and then very very cold wind chills, yup, we had a tornado the first week of Jan or so here, - what a mess! One day, was it last week? we went from some unreal high like almost 60 down to some unreal cold in like 12 hours, like down to 5 below zero? LOTS of thundersnowstorms, too. Yup my yard was underwater, with snow on top of the water and around the water......this morning. Ice was blocking the rain and melty snow from being able to leave, and there was plenty of snow even tho there was so much water. And the fog yesterday was so bad, I could not see my cars parked right out front by the house.
I think Mother Nature cannot make up her mind this winter. Or she is mad?

My prayers are going out, I heard several people died in ? ARkansas? TN? I know the weather has just gone beserk everywhere!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
dreamer

I know our weather is nuts this year.

Like right now, we're having severe storms (I'm about ready to shut down the computer) and are under a tornado watch. But from the sound of that wind outside........I wouldn't be surprised if they've upped it to a warning.

Our sirens are going off. But our town tends to be over careful. Well, I won't be going to bed anytime soon.

dreamer

I stayed up way to late---not watching election coverage, but rather horrified about the tornados damage to the south.
Then my news said my area is out of salt for the roads! Grr. LOL, we take it for granted, this area does not usually have much difficulty with snow, never really has, even when we do get a LOT. So many snow days this year! I am thinking this is some kind of record, and unprecedented? At this rate, gosh, the kids will not have any summer vacation, cuz they will be so busy makeing up snow day!!!! YUP, another snow day today!
I have not yet looked outside, I am not sure I want to becuz last weather report I saw upped the prediction for how much snow yet again- now to 16 inches. Hmm, LOL, maybe our school did not previously know HOW to call a snow day and now that they have figured it out, they are like a child with a new toy? LOL.