You know you need a hobby when...

tiredmommy

...the highlight of your morning is checking all your pantyhose for runs.
...you do a happy dance after properly pairing mismatched socks.
...you draw a smiley face in the dust before cleaning.

Does anyone have anything to add? :rofl:

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Cleaning the litter box is the highlight of your day.
Finding a missing sock is cause for a night out on the town.
:smile:

tiredmommy

[ QUOTE ]
Your spices are in alphabetical order!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Guilty. but it's not my fault! :hammer: Winter in Buffalo is very long and I get cagey being inside so much. :rofl:

mstang67chic

Going Green
I couldn't come up with anything so I asked husband. He turned around and looked at me with "that look", looked at the computer and back at me. Wonder if he thinks I spend too much time on here? :rofl:

Marguerite

...you label socks by number and name of owner.
...you hang socks up in pairs, according to their label
...the entire DVD collection has been catalogued and arranged in alphabetical order
...you find yourself crocheting borders around face washers that only the kids are going to use anyway

Marg

Pam R

I hate to say it but my spices are in alphabetical order and my CD's and DVD's are catalogued and in alphabetical order, as are videos.

Books are just catalogued. :rofl:

But my defense is the severe cognitive dysfunction I've learned to live with for 30 years. Also the massive lack of energy to devote to looking for things.

Everything has a place and is put back there or there's he!! to pay. I just can't spend the energy I need to be doing something, looking for equipment to do it with.

People say I am super organized, but it's merely a coping mechanism to get me through each day.

The cataloguing is due to having very little money. I can't afford to buy something twice. So when we tag sale, I bring the catalogue with me.

I also have all of DS's clothing catalogued, same reason.

by the way, I do have a hobby: working with pictures. I have extensive pictures and guess what? They are either all in albums chronolgically and by subject or in files on my computer, ditto. :rofl:

I REALLY hate wasting energy looking for something.

My 2 cents. :rofl:

Pam R.

Lothlorien

Oh goodness, you'd all have a field day at my house. I just have no time to be that organized. You are all certainly welcome to spend a few days at my house organizing my spices/cds/dvds/books and matching up all the socks, too!

DammitJanet

Loth...dont feel bad. Im lucky if the guys put the dvds back in the covers. We have a stack of them sitting on different places as well as a whole stack of empty dvd boxes. On the off chance I ever want to watch a movie I have to sort thru all the discs to attempt to find the movie!

tiredmommy

I've actually been straightening out old plastic shopping bags this morning. You see, I've been collecting them for the church rummage sale and they are easier to handle when not bunched up, lol. :hammer:
Man oh man! Does this bad weather and my head cold ever have to break!!! :rofl:

donna723

I once was so bored that I spent an entire Sunday afternoon poking a darning needle through the little holes in the lint filter of the washer because they were clogged up!

:blush:

It actually was kinda fun and it looks neat when you hold it up to the light! You can make little patterns, or write your name, or make little smiley faces! :smile: Fortunately, I've never been bored enough since then to do it again.

tiredmommy

[ QUOTE ]
It actually was kinda fun and it looks neat when you hold it up to the light! You can make little patterns, or write your name, or make little smiley faces! :smile:

[/ QUOTE ]

You made a reversed Lite Brite, lol! :rofl:

rejectedmom

Oh dear I think i have the opposite problem I have to many hobbies! LOL I drive my husband bonkers. At any given time I will have up to 10 different projects going. I end up finishing them all around the same time. Then I wait a week or two clean house organize things and then start ten more! I truly do get alot done but I think sometimes my accomplishments are un noticed because they get obscured in the ongoing ones. -RM