Casey Anthony Bombshell!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Well I just think it's AWFULLY odd - that the baby goes missing-------and Cindy is all over Casey in the beginning calling, calling and finally gets the police involved. THEN when the police DID get involved? And Casey gives her a cockamaime story about the Nannie? Grammy and Grampy jump on the Casey/Kaylee bandwagon and ask the world to 'find' their Granddaughter. Okay - George was a cop, maybe not a detetive, but you'd have to know - a kid lying about a missing Granddaughter. So I think all the bandwagon bonanza was bologna. Give everyone enough time to concoct a believable story. In the mean time - detectives figured things out - and Casey goes to jail. So now Cindy and George HAVE to be 'stunned' to the world. I mean what were they supposed to do come out and say "WE think she did it?" - Especially after yelling at her, then standing by her - ya think they were going to yell at her again? I mean it would have made them look like idiots.

So now? I really believe Casey's attorney has gotten with Cindy and George and said - :OKAY - here's the thing - YOU know it - I know it, Casey knows it - heck more than 1/2 the country knows it - she killed her own daughter. Period, end of story. Sorry for your loss but now we have to concentrate on saving Casey. She's a sick person, we have to portray her as sick, no one is going to buy mentally ill - especially after the PARTAYYYYY photos. Because most people would NOT understand the dynamics of sociopathy (no remorse) but if we can create enough CRAZy doubt, and bizzare stories from soup to nuts - and I mean this is already out of control - so in two years who is really going to care if teh media said he molested his daughter? At least you will have a chance to see your daughter in jail and ....AND there will be a chance of parole.

WOULD YOU NOT-----allow an attorney to sell you out to nothing short to save your kid? KNOWING (possibly) a. that George may HAVE molested her and Cindy did nothing or b. there was never any molestation - and who cares in 2 years as long as your kid is alive and you can see her. I think at this point the family doesn't care HOW they save Casey - that's my point. They've already lost Kaylee - but and I hate to say this and sound sinister and cold - while they loved her? They ONLY knew her for four years. They've known Casey all her life - They have a lot more invested in her. Granddaughter or not - people are humans. I'm not trying to sound callous - but this may be exactly what that attorney told them.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
I don't agree Star - who in their right mind would say OK, lets go with the molestation theory if it will save her, knowing that Florida has a delayed discovery rule and YOU can now be arrested for molestation and be sent away for the rest of your life.

CA has had three years to come up with a story - she is a master manilupulator and I think she has pulled her attorney into her little web. Its not up to the defense to "prove" anything -its up to the state. I am willing to go to the accident theory based on her being overdosed on chloro. Parents were both out during some point in the day every day, she had the baby's body in her trunk, came home, borrowed a shovel from the neighbor and buried it in the yard, under the playhouse, till she figured out what to do. Even though parents had their own shovels, the storage locker was locked. She then moved it at some point to that park or whatever that place was called.

Thats my story and am sticking to it (today at least)

Marcie

donna723

I think the parents are just so distraught and torn, especially her mother! I keep trying to imagine if it were me, if it was my grandson that was "missing", how I would feel. On one hand, she was frantic to find her granddaughter that she obviously adored. On the other hand, they were suspecting their own daughter of being the one responsible. I can imagine them wanting to believe Casey so badly, not wanting to think that she could have harmed her own daughter, and now there's no way they can deny it. When you hear the tapes where Casey is talking to the detective, right after the disappearance was reported, it's very hard to believe she is lying about these non-existent people, even though now we know she was lying. She never hesitates and she goes in to so much detail, it's not hard to see why her parents believed her as long as they did. She's an extremely accomplished liar. And they wanted so badly to believe her! Casey's mother even said that up until six weeks ago, she had still been searching for this fictional "Zanny" person! And that she had been hoping against hope that they had been mistaken when they identified the body they found as Caylee because that could mean that she was still out there somewhere alive. I can't even imagine what her parents must be going through with all this and my heart breaks for them.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
True, I don't live in FL. But I'm not sure I could pick any of them out of a lineup, either. Including Casey or Caylee.

Star, I hear what you're saying, but man...I hope you're not right. I can't even begin to conjure up a "what would I do", but I'd hope it wouldn't involve this kind of dog and pony show...I'm not watching it, by the way, just reading this thread and occassional comments in the office.

H

HaoZi

Star's idea wouldn't surprise me in the least if they're as dysfunctional as they're sounding.

Its not up to the defense to "prove" anything -its up to the state.

In theory, yes. In reality, not so much.

The other thing is Florida has an automatic appeal for death penalty sentences, and the first thing on almost every one of those appeals is incompetent defense attorney. There's a good number of those sentences overturned on appeal and changed to life sentences. So if the attorney looks like he's reaching and stretching and doing stupid stuff, he could well believe the case is lost and has a friend who pick up some money taking the case on appeal (since obviously if you claim incompetent defense you have to change lawyers).

DammitJanet

Star...Marcie is right about the Fl abuse laws. Also Im sorry, I would toss my kids under the bus to save my grandkids. While I have only known them a short time, they are babies and the adults are grown enough to know better. I would never harbor a child of mine that I even thought might have killed my granddaughter...sorry.

I think this whole thing gets to me because Casey is Cory's age and Caylee is almost exactly one year older than Keyana so this has been playing all over the media as 2 year old killed since Keyana was just turning 2 but Caylee was about to turn 3. However Cory could never hold a candle in the lying department to her. I couldnt either and I thought I was good back as a teen...lol.

DDD

If you knew your offspring would be sent to general population it might be easier to cope with the idea of life. Having a hyper kid who would be alone 23 hours a day? That would be hard to face. DDD

TerryJ2

Hmm. Interesting theory.

So now? I really believe Casey's attorney has gotten with Cindy and George and said - :OKAY - here's the thing - YOU know it - I know it, Casey knows it - heck more than 1/2 the country knows it - she killed her own daughter. Period, end of story. Sorry for your loss but now we have to concentrate on saving Casey.

Or, the grandparents are so deep into it--having seriously believed their daughter was innocent for a cpl yrs--that they don't know what else to do now.
Sick and sad. Pitiful.

H

HaoZi

I don't think many in general pop would believe her, either. Doubt if they'd like her much.

susiestar

Roll With It
First of all, if the defense atty knows that Casey killed Caylee, he CANNOT ask her on the stand if she did it, what happened, etc.... Most probably he has NOT discussed whether she did it or not, but instead has operated on the idea that she didn't do it. Otherwise, if he knows for a fact that she did it then he is knowingly allowing her to lie on the stand - and she can go to jail for that, but he almost certainly would lose his license to practice law. So while they may all KNOW that she did it, he CANNOT ask the question OR allow her to answer it if anyone else asks around him. He also cannot go to the parents and say "we all know she did it, but we are going to do x,y,z and throw you under the bus to confuse and distract people."

Second, I just read a sort of overview of the facts and WOW, either Casey is an incredible liar or the parents and bro are complete fools. She worked at Universal studios in 2005 but did not return to the job after caylee was born in 2008! so for almost three YEARS she lied about going to a job and getting paid for doing it!!! If she can do that, she can and will do anything - absolutely ANYTHING to anyone for no real reason at all.

Plus the nanny was NOT the only person she lied about. She said she had 2 friends from Universal - Jeffrey Hopkins and Juliette Lewis. She actually told people that the nanny also watched Jeffrey Hopkins' son. They could find NO record of a Jeffrey Hopkins, a Juliette Lewis OR a son of Hopkins'!!!!! How in the world do you invent so many people - and what a disgusting thing to do when supposedly you are frantic about your toddler's disappearance??!!!??!!

It is incredible how she claimed to be searching so hard for Caylee, to be so upset and to not let ANY of her friends, the people who see her every day (because she was not living iwth her parents at this time, so they were not in her daily life but she was NOT living a solitary life, Know what I mean??) know she is even a little upset because the child is gone? I find that claim to be totally nonsense - no way any mother who is even slightly fit doesn't let people know the child is gone or dead. If, as claimed, the baby drowned at the parents' home and the dad knew, how did she handle those weeks with-o anyone at all seeing her even a little upset over it?

I think most, if not all, states have an automatic appeal if you get the death penalty - it is just part of the process. And if they didn't want that for Casey maybe they should have taken custody away from her - clearly they knew there were problems long before she went missing. Otherwise the mother would not have been calling her an unfit parent. Plus, you do NOT get to be that good at lying with-o a TON of practice. the parents HAD to know she was a complete and total liar so they HAD to be suspicious of what was going on when they first were not allowed to see or speak to her. NO WAY a partier good time girl like Casey goes a month with-o dumping the kid on her parents for free babysitting. Nannies have to be PAID - and she didn't have a job. I wonder how she got the money from her supposed job at Universal that didn't exist? You cannot go that long on nothing - I am thinking prostitution of some kind, either outright or mooching off "boyfriends" and leaving when the money runs out or they stop being willing to fund her lifestyle. Cause partying is NOT NOT NOT cheap.

donna723

I think she just mooched off of people when she wasn't living in the parents house. And she didn't have to pay an imaginary babysitter. And she was sort of working in that club she was in all the time- supervising "shot girls" - I'm afraid to even ask what that involves but it may have covered the cost of her own partying. And I never heard what the outcome was but they were saying on TV about how she had something like SIX prior felonies for check fraud or something similar. The blonde girl who was testifying yesterday, the former friend that she stayed with for a while, the one who works on a cruise ship - Casey had apparently emptied out her bank accounts!

susiestar

Roll With It
GAG. Are you talking about Amy H? Did you realize that Casey told Amy for MONTHS that she was going to assume the Anthony's mortgage and that Amy could be her roommate? That they would share the anthony's home because the anthony's were moving? It was NEVER in the cards but apparently Amy got ready to move there at least one time, and it seemed like more.

How do you think a 20 something who doesn't really work could afford even half a mortgage? Florida real estate is pricey even now, esp if you are within an hour of Orlando. With all the lies that are exposed, including years of lies about people who never existed - a nanny, two coworkers who each had kids, even a baby daddy who died, how does Casey, her parents or her defense team expect ANYONE to believe anything that came out of her mouth.

Also, if you were accused of killing your child, don't you think you would dress nicely and conservatively for court, regardless of how many days the trial lasted? No WAY would you catch me in the casual clothes that Casey is wearing if I were in court for ANYTHING, but esp if I wanted people to think I was a devoted mother of a toddler and NOT a party animal who killed my child and lied about it for years. WHO is advising her and why have they not done the very simple thing of dressing her appropriately for court?

H

HaoZi

Juliette Lewis is an actress. One of her roles was in Natural Born Killers. Freudian slip in that lie? Makes me wonder if Anthony Hopkins has a son named Jeffery.

susiestar

Roll With It
Last post on this today, I promise.

have any of you read or heard what her ex lover Lazarro said she told him about the "abuse"? He testified that her dad hit her to discipline her and her brother tried to "feel her up" but didn't succeed.

THIS is her big sexual abuse bombshell secret?? The big secret to explain her behavior after her child died??? How is not letting your sibling feel you up as a child (which is wrong if it happened, but is NOT long term sexual abuse) and your dad hitting you for discipline (again, not a good thing but not unheard of - heck in OK there is a law that is on the books that parents are SUPPOSED to use corporal punishment with children who misbehave) any kind of excuse for killing your daughter, for chloroforming her and putting her in a car trunk while you party, for all the things she did and didn't do and the lies she told about her daughter's death?

Also, the night Caylee went missing she was out renting movies with Lazarro and she spent the next day in bed with him - never leaving the bedroom, being "perfectly happy" to be there with him?

I want to know what IDIOT thinks that those are things that explain all of Casey's behavior???? Just saying someone's name and "he sexually abused me" does NOT make a creditable charge of sexual abuse. Not even if you say it on tv.

witzend

Star, I totally think Casey did it, that she has no remorse, and I don't really give a rip as to what would cause someone to be so calloused. As a parent if she did to me or husband what Casey is doing to her parents? I'd turn on her so fast you'd hear a little zipping sound and see little clouds of dust like in a cartoon. Never ever would I let anyone say those things about me or someone I loved for any reason. In fact, if I had cared at all whether she didn't get the death penalty before, I could happily walk away from it and say I didn't give a rip about it anymore. Rot in a cell or rot in he//, it wouldn't matter to me.

DammitJanet

Haozi....wow interesting about those names. Wouldnt that be something about Hopkins...lol.

susie, you sound just like me screaming at my tv...lol. I could reach through the tv and strangle both biaz and casey at least three times a day or more. Notice that biaz never asked cindy or lee if there was any abuse in the home. he wouldnt. Actually he is painting his client as the biggest liar in the world because casey is proud as can be of being the best liar in the world.

Biaz will never admit if casey has told him what happened...I doubt she will ever tell the truth to anyone actually. He is left to either come up with some story that might save her sorry butt or attempt to spin whatever lie casey tells him because he has to do what she tells him...it is actually his job as much as I dislike him for doing it. Now he cannot put her on the stand and let her lie if he knows she is going to tell a lie. Personally I cannot wait for her to take the stand. They cannot get the sex abuse allegations in without her taking the stand. Only two folks there...her and her dad and he denied it so she has to testify to say it happened and the prosecution is going to rip her to shreds if she gets on the stand.

As far as whether her father and mother where good or bad and had problems in their own lives and such...none of that really matters. They didnt do anything to kill Caylee. George maybe having an affair doesnt mean Cacey can kill her daughter or be a liar. Big deal so he has an affair. If every kid of every parent who had an affair killed someone, we would have to build prisons on every corner. Parents arent perfect people. gosh knows Im glad my life wasnt on trial when I took Cory to court!

H

HaoZi

Is it certain she will take the stand at all? She doesn't have to, and he may well advise her not to.

donna723

I saw an interview today with the real "Zanny" who is suing Casey Anthony, for all the good it will do her. When the police first contacted her, she had no idea what they were talking about and had never even met Casey Anthony. Then, once her name had been publicized, she started getting threatening calls and emails, people making threats against her own two children. She lost her job, then her car, then her apartment - it pretty much ruined her! You have to feel really sorry for that poor lady!

That's what I really don't understand about Casey's lying. You would think she would have just made up a name instead of using the name of a real person where it could so easily be proven to be a lie. I guess she just kept lying and lying, like saying she was working when she wasn't, because she had gotten away with it for so long and was never questioned.

M

mrsammler

There's no way her lawyers will put her on the stand, and if they don't, the prosecution can't. She is *obviously* a sociopath whose parents have been off-and-on enablers, with occasional spasms of fury at her, for most/all of her life, and this is the bitter harvest for that. And there's the congenital component: her childhood friends report that she was a pathological liar from early childhood on, so she was probably wired for sociopathy from very early on.

There's no way the jury will be able to get past the most obvious evidence, which is her blithe, partying lifestyle while Caylee was "missing" and the fact she didn't report her missing for a month: that will earn her a justified long-term stay in the gray bar hotel, and good riddance. What really strikes me is the moral shallowness of her young adult friends: how could they possibly have simply enjoyed her company, given the many signs of her deeply flawed nature? It makes you wonder if most/many young people simply make no moral judgments of their "friends," regardless of what they say and do. Just sad. And troubling.