10 Weeks, 2 days

klmno

difficult child just called- it's his 15th birthday. They had his treatment team today and they told them instead of making him wait until the end of March to request release, he could request it the begininning of March. It takes 30 days to be released after the request is approved so that would have him released in 10 weeks and 2 days. They will approve it if he doesn't get anymore charges.

At least we finally have a timeline to work toward. Now, I have to find any job I can and move.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
We'll Happy Birthday difficult child
It hoovers that he has to spend it there.

How do you feel about this plan? 10 weeks will go fast as you know. Keeping the fingers crossed constantly on the job market.

klmno

Thank you, Ladies! I am excited but still a little nervous. I have to admit, I'm not as nervous as I would be if he was coming home in Feb.

I can't help but be a little curious about this release date. I had written a letter to PO about my concerns about difficult child possibly being released in Feb since his big issues seem to come out from Jan til end of March. Then, we had a correctional officer arrested for doing things he shouldn't at an adult prison nearby- one of those things was getting some prisoners to stage fights with others in order to keep things on the ward as he wanted. It does seem a little coincidental to me that this fight happened with difficult child right before he was due to go up for release and now that it happened, it prolonged his release date. Also, It happened right after I told PO that my house was getting ready to be foreclosed on.

Anyway, difficult child is handling it well. And yes, 15 can be a very interesting year. I missed about all of 14 for him- he was incarcerated 2 weeks after turning 14. So basicly, he left as a 13yo middle-schooler and will be coming home as a 15yo high schooler.

I feel like he left home as a messed up tween but will be coming back as a teen who's wise but hardened beyond his years, with conversations about shaving, dating, driver's license, a job, and what he wants to do after high school.

I wish I could have one more day holding that precious baby in my arms, Know what I mean??