2018 Word....Intentional

This is a blurb about my chosen word for 2018...not necessarily anything you are interested in...more just for me. But feel free to read if you wish.

In November I attended a Women's Conference that was uplifting, spiritual and exactly what I needed. One of the subjects discussed was to choose a "Word" to focus on for the year. I had never done anything like this before. I had never been to a women's conference of this magnitude and nor had I ever chosen a "word" to focus on. As the auditorium sat in silence praying for a "Word" to come to mind...my mind wandered. I couldn't focus, I didn't know what to do or how to do it. I was waiting for some grandiose vision to swim before my eyes and there was nothing. The moment of silence ended. Some women came up with a word. I did not. Some women already had a word. I did not. They said it would come to me.

Over the past couple of months every now and then I have remembered to think/pray "give me a word God". Give it to me loud and clear, have the word bite me. Well, it actually happened. I never really thought it would.

My word is "Intentional". It came to me after visiting with a few different friends on different days and within each conversation they used the word intentional. For instance, we were talking about taking time to workout/exercise. "We have to be intentional to make the time for it." We discussed reading the bible every day. Again, "yes, I have to be intentional. I spend time reading it with my morning coffee." In both instances the word intentional was used in a positive way. Ironically Merriam-Webster defines the word Intentional as "done by intention or design - intentional damage. NO!!! I don't want a negative word! Not a negative example! I decided to keep the word...my Intentional is used for good! I will be intentional with my workouts. I will be intentional with my prayers. I will be intentional with what I eat. I will be intentional with my words.

I have been coping long enough with wine and chocolate. I've gained about 30 pounds dealing with the stress from my son, E. I'm in the middle of week 2 of being Intentional and I feel so much better. We received a letter from him yesterday. It's so exhausting because his reality and our reality doesn't match up. We had a little pow-wow here at home with our other two children (Z - 17yo boy) and (S - 13 yo girl). The kids vented with one another and to us. Then I planned dinner. We sat down together as a family of 4 instead of 5 and we ate, chatted, laughed and enjoyed each other's company. This rarely happens since the kids and hubby have activities/work. I was Intentional to carve out family time and embrace the moment!

May you all enjoy some positive intentional changes within your life and the hardships you are going through. I'm thankful I found this board. It's comforting to know there are others who "get it".

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
Welcome.

Sounds great!

What is your story? You can put it in your signature so we get to "know" you a bit better!