A bit of Wierdness....

PonyGirl65

Okay....this has been going on for a few weeks now. I didn't really want to say anything but it happened again today and so I'm going to go ahead and share:

I AM "SEEING" MY GFG31 Son IN RANDOM PLACES ALL OVER TOWN!!!

It's NOT him, of course. He's locked up. He's incarcerated.

But.........I get a flash of a face on a passerby and

IT'S HIS FACE!

How weird is that??

I tell ya, I'm actually kinda grateful for these "sightings". Almost always, it's a driver in a car. And so I just get a flash of facial recognition.

IT'S MY SON!!

But of course it's NOT.

But it IS.

This is a new phenomenon. GFG31 has been in jail since last August. WHY am I just NOW "seeing" him everywhere?

Maybe because he will soon be shipped away to a prison out of my area? Maybe it's some weird comfort mechanism that I didn't even know I needed?

So. There ya have it.

Peace

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Pony, for about the first 2 years after my husband died, I would get the same thing as you describe. At first I found it unnerving. Then I started to find it comforting in a rather weird way.

I also used to periodically hear him calling me, or speaking to me. Nothing creepy, just something like, "Hi hon!" said in passing. I very occasionally still get that as I'm falling asleep or waking up, and I do still, after nearly 14 years, dream of him.

I think in your case, it may be due to the transfer coming up. It may also be due to some things regarding him that you are subconsciously working through.

So long as it isn't freaking you out or interfering with your daily life, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

In my case, I never told my shrink about what I was dealing with as I was afraid, with his attitude and my MH history, that he'd decide I was psychotic.

PonyGirl65

Thanks GN (Kat!) :) You and I met once, at Perkins in a po-dunk town in Northern WI when you lived up here.

I am getting the same kind of weird comfort from it. It's not freaking me out - well it freaks me out a little but in a "Surprise!" kind of way - always the feelings that come after are gentle, a heightened "I love my son" kind of thing.

I suspect my subconscious is trying to help me come to grips with the fact that I won't be seeing my difficult child for an extended period of time.

I don't plan to go visit him in prison.

Peace

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Yup. Back when I lived not far from the town you live in. We went to the Country Kitchen (now standing empty for several years) because the China House, where we had planned to meet, was closed.