A horribly selfish, self centered, all about me, egotistical request.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Wee is at my mom's. Going to work yesterday was like a vacation...I didn't have to get anyone else up, I didn't have to be quiet, I got up and went on MY schedule. Leaving work was the same way! I wasn't watching the clock to make sure I wasn't late getting anywhere.

I came home and meandered about a bit. Did a tad of laundry, fixed the brakes on my truck, rode into town with husband.

It was thoroughly wonderful. I don't think Wee has ever been away unless it was for us to do something specific, and even that is not often. Having nothing in particular to do is the BOMB!

So I asked husband if we could bypass cgfg coming tonight. I told him it was an awful request, but he disagreed. Her own mother gets rid of her a minimum of 2 nights a week every single week (not just nights she's here), he thought it was perfectly reasonable request.

SO I HAVE ANOTHER DAY "OFF"! I'm so excited. I'm sure I'll do nothing.

nvts

JEALOUS!!!! (jealous, jealous, jealous, jealous). Bogged down with envy, wish I was you!~

I haven't been alone in months! My dad watched all of them while I went to the drug store to pick up the scripts for difficult child 1 (titrating off the seroquel and up on the risperdal) and they called me 5 TIMES - I was gone for 22 minutes.

Icky little kids!

Beth

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I haven't been alone in months! My dad watched all of them while I went to the drug store to pick up the scripts for difficult child 1 (titrating off the seroquel and up on the risperdal) and they called me 5 TIMES - I was gone for 22 minutes. Icky little kids! Beth

Really Beth, why did you go back so soon? I soooOOOOooooo don't miss when mine were little!!!!

Star*

call 911........call 911
WELCOME TO THE OTHER SIDE.........it's not self-centered..egotistical all about me. It's called......

O.M.GOD in heaven you mean this is how I can live without whining, crying, tantrums, demands, childish behaviors.....threats, lists, (and that's just after they are out of SCHOOL and you're away from those teachers!!) wink wink.....

Hugs! ENJOY!

Lothlorien

Nope, not unreasonable, not selfish! Self-preserving, but not selfish! Enjoy. I'm a bit envious too. 8 more days til school starts, here!

witzend

I think that the most mad L's dad got with me was when I finally declared that she didn't have to come unless she wanted to. He had been getting every other weekend free for 12 years, and was seriously dating at least two women with other casual women he was seeing on the side. He was furious! Forget that stuff - what about the rest of us? We had not had a weekend free in 12 years. Not one. Not to mention we had M (who was a handful in his own right) 24/7.

FWIW, L is now dating a local attorney who is representing someone in a notorious case locally, but she is impatient that he is not ready to get married and have babies right away. Also, he is not yet rich, but according to her dad is "doing things right and will be one day". She is also dating a "millionaire from Canada who has a private plane" and doesn't work. I'll tell you what - she didn't get that from me!

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
husband's ex was happy about it. Meant less time cgfg is with us. But even if we don't have cgfg, doesn't mean she's stuck with her, either. Cgfg spends way more time at grandma's than she does at her mom's, so...

Heck, when grandma went on vacation? husband's ex sent cgfg to stay with her first ex-husband, to avoid allowing her any time with husband. She didn't know we were friends with the first ex-husband at that point in time...

And I hear ya, Witz. We go on an adult's only camping trip every year for 3 days, and that's our "kid free time". That's pretty much it. I'm glad to have that, but sheesh... ya need a break! I use all my available babysitter resources to stay employed, pick him up from school when they call, and things that I HAVE to do...

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Is the man L's dating the same guy she's been with for a while?

She needs to set me up with a sugar daddy!