A nice Cherokee story

klmno

I hope this isn't another one of those things that I'm the last one to know about. LOL! difficult child told me about a man who had come to talk to them in Department of Juvenile Justice. There was a book about him at Department of Juvenile Justice and difficult child has been reading it. I was getting a little concerned because difficult child says he's almost finished but all he talks about are these glorified stories about crime and what jails/prisons the guy was in and out of for the majority of his adult life. So when difficult child called tonight I asked for the name of the guy so I could google him. I feel better now- apparently he has a fairly well established ministry around here serving primarily those who have been incarcerated or well, I guess difficult child's in general. So the last couple of chapters in that book might really shock difficult child. LOL! Anyway, the story below is taken off his website and I wanted to share, just in case others haven't heard it. I want to pass it along to difficult child too because from the time he was about 7yo, he has told me about having a good side and a bad side and "sometimes he can't help it, he just gives into his bad side."

Two Wolves
One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. He said, “My son, the battle is between two “wolves” inside us all.
One is Evil. It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.
The other is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith.”
The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: “Which wolf wins?”
The old Cherokee simply replied, “The one you feed”.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I've heard that little allegory before! It's a very good message. :) I hope difficult child enjoyed the man's visit.