Advice on Rozerem

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Had our check-in with-psychiatrist today. He gave us some samples of Rozerem to help difficult child 2 sleep better since he's up 'til midnight and later despite moving Depakote dosing to 6 or 7pm. Plus, husband said difficult child 2 thrashed around a lot when he slept with him the other night. And difficult child 2 consistently seems to need 10-12 hours of sleep daily.

Any tips on what to expect with Rozerem? psychiatrist said it will likely take 5-6 days to take effect.

Thanks!

wakeupcall

gvcmom, Rozerem didn't help my difficult child sleep. Whatever the reason, it just didn't work. Now I'm giving him 1mg of Melatonin and it's helping him a lot! Good luck with it!

wakeupcall

My difficult child will be twelve the end of Oct. and he weighs 83 lbs. He's small compared to others his age....genetic.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
He weighs about the same as difficult child 2, so perhaps if the Rozerem doesn't work, we'll try the same approach you have. psychiatrist said to give it 5-6 days and then to call with results, so if it's not working by then, I'll ask about the melatonin.

Thanks again for your feedback!

wakeupcall

You can buy Melatonin across the counter. I asked my difficult child's medication doctor (child psychiatrist) about it last week and she agreed that it was perfectly fine to use it. Some nights there's just no calming him without it.