Almost got through today before I realized

gcvmom

Here we go again!
that my dad died one year ago today.

And I guess I wasn't expecting this flood of emotion to come back. Sigh. Sometimes I think it would be better to forget. In my case, it feels like there are just so many painful memories that the good ones can't help but tarnish as a result. Add to that the loss and I find myself wishing I wasn't remembering.

Sigh. I'll be fine.

LittleDudesMom

Acknowledge the day and the loss - it's often the best way to move forward. We often waste more time trying to forget....

Hugs.

Sharon

T

TeDo

I still go through that every Father's Day (the day Dad died) and it's been 13 years. It hurts a little less each year but it still hurts. Sometimes remembering things hoovers. Today's a new day.

DammitJanet

I have the hard time with remembering my mom's but its right at Thanksgiving normally so half the time it falls on Black Friday so I can attempt to cover it with that. I havent yet hit my Dad's first yet and I will forever be reminded of the day he was buried because it was Pearl Harbor Day...sigh.

DazedandConfused

Hugs GVC.

My Dad passed six years ago and there's a lot of bad memories and the few good ones are tainted by the bad. The memories will settle and find a place eventually where they will not be so upsetting. That first year anniversary is usually the most difficult.

Be gentle with yourself.

nvts

The firsts of these things are always hard...I think part of the emotions are missing them, another is the realization that you got through a whole year, another is missing them.

Many hugs for you hon!

Beth