And here we go again....

JKF

I just got a call from the PCR telling me that difficult child #1 is in the hospital being evaluated for possible admission. Apparently he took a hand-held video game system from a boy at school "to fix" and never returned it. What he did instead was take it apart and swap it in with HIS hand-held system to make a custom version. This is his typical MO. He's done this a million times before. He was suspended from his last school for doing this with IPODS.

So, he was confronted at school today. He totally denied it like always and then freaked out. Started hitting himself and balling up his fists. The PCR checked his room and found a lot of game system parts. When asked where did the parts come from he said he had them. BS. I informed the PCR that I'm done. If he has to be admitted than so be it. They can fax me the papers or call for verbal consent but I'm not driving an hour away to do so. If he's admitted this will be the 6th time in the last year all because he doesn't like getting caught. He thinks going to the psychiatric hospital is better than getting caught and admitting he's wrong! Enough's enough!

buddy

I think I'd feel the same. No reason for you to drive there.... at this point, chips are going to fall where they fall.

Sorry and HUGS, Dee

JKF

I think I'd feel the same. No reason for you to drive there.... at this point, chips are going to fall where they fall.

Sorry and HUGS, Dee

The reason I am at this point is because he's done this again and again and again! If he were really in an emergency situation I'd be there. But I know this is because he was caught red handed and is trying to get out of trouble and gain sympathy. It's really sad because he'll be 18 in 5 months so what will he do then? What will happen is that he will end up in jail or an adult psychiatric ward. This isn't a game. He doesn't understand that. He does a really good job of manipulating everyone around him into thinking he's doing well but when something like this happens and he's confronted with the fact that he's not everything totally crumbles. Such a shame because it doesn't HAVE to be this way. All he has to do is STOP doing these things!