Another dum dum question about protecting Jumper

BusynMember

I know what you are all going to say but I need to hear it...lol. This may be my all time stupid post and it has LOTS of competition.

There is an onsite engagement and wedding album called The Knot and my daughter will eventually use it. Most do.

Ok I am almost embarrassed for being even a little paranoid. But there is extensive wedding info on the site, including when and where.

Yes, this is about my sister again, the one who calls the cops on me and stalks my internet posts.

I would love for Jumper to block her and hers from looking, and she will look, but Jumper will probably think there is no reason to. And she doesn't like to block and she is not paranoid. She probably wont think my sister can do anything to her wedding, even if she snoops and reads about it and knows where it will be.

I don't want to push the issue. I don't think she can do anything either without getting into serious trouble and I have no problem with ANYONE seeing a beautiful wedding featuring my daughter.

Can anyone think of any reason to block Sis, if it is possible? Any reason to even bring it up to Jumper? I just want to make sure I'm not missing any possible trouble. If not, I won't even think about it again.

If anyone bothered to check in, thanks! Actually seeing the engagement online will also be fun!

Last edited:

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
I do not think this is a stupid question at all. Knowing what you have shared about your sister, I don't blame you for being cautious.

I just Googled The Knot privacy and here is what came up.

You can choose to have your Personal Wedding Web Page on The Knot (other than the first screen) password-protected. If you choose to password-protect those areas, only guests with passwords can view more private wedding details (such as location and time), and post messages to your Online Guest Book; the general public will still be able to view the first screen of your Personal Wedding Web Page. Otherwise, if not password protected, the general public will be able to view your entire Personal Wedding Web Page.

I think all you can do is share your concerns with her and let her know that your sister can be unpredictable and the last thing you want is for her to show up unannounced and make a scene.

BusynMember

I didn't know. Thank you so much. I know my sister still reads here and if allowed will read my daughters details. Although she has never messed with my kids, I actually now believe she is the one with a personality disorder and is capable of doing totally over the top stuff, as PD's do, such as multiple cut offs and multiple cop calls simply to shut me up. There was not on e time other than the one time I was on her property when a normal person would even think of calling the cops even on an enemy. She is controlling and does revenge but I can't see her going after Jumper. I sure hope not.

She also can't seem to let go of me, although I kindly told her that for both our sakes we need to be done. By her own admission, she can't let go of people, even abusive men. Or a sister she alternately won't talk to then comes back and tells me her life is better with me in it. She is not sure what she wants. This scares me. I feel like I may be done thinking about her, but she will NEVER stop stalking me. Creepy.

i have come to think she has a charming good mask but is very disturbed and disordered and dangerous behind that mask. What Jumper knows of her is not positive.

I will suggest that Jumper protect her details. If she wants to allow people to read The Knot (acquaintances who are not invited) then her wishes will stand.

I doubt sis would mess with this. And by then my daughter will probably be a cop and legal action would be taken.

Thanks for looking it up. I didn't know.

Last edited: