anyone else have this problem?

Lothlorien

Twice now, this year alone, Christmas surprises have been spoiled by the mail.

Situation #1
Ordered husband a new briefcase. He needs one bad, cause his is just falling apart. I've been waiting to get him one for Christmas. I order from said store. I am out the other day. husband comes home before me. Finds package on porch. Guess is written on a big white label on BOTH sides of the package? BROWN LEATHER BRIEFCASE. :grrr: duh!!!!

Situation #2. Now I'm really peaved!
Ordered Mighty Mouse a new bike. He's been bugging me for a bigger bike now that he's outgrown his. Missy got a new bike for her birthday and he's wanted one since. It comes UPS today. I'm at the grocery store. husband is upstairs sanding the spackle in the hallway (getting ready to paint) He doesn't hear the BELL RING. Kids run outside and see the bike in the package with big bright vivid colors of the bike.

Can this get any worse???? I ordered 90% of my Christmas gifts online this year. If this keeps up, I don't know what I'm going to do.

Lothlorien

Oh, and let me just add that I don't know when these items are supposed to actually make it to my house, because when I did the shipment tracking, it tells me that I won't get delivered until January 16.!!!! I called them about this, because I almost had heart failure Sunday night when I saw that.

tiredmommy

Next year, have stuff shipped to a neighbor or relative for you to pick-up.
Here's my funny Christmas delivery story. This goes way back 9 years, our first Christmas in this house. I ordered husband an air hockey table (one of those absolutely huge and monstrous ones you might see in a bar or arcade). I made sure I was scheduled to be home the day of the delivery. The store was to deliver it in the afternoon before 5pm, this store was about 15 miles away. Don't you know, unbeknownst to husband, that he got out of work early and somehow managed to follow this same delivery truck all 15 miles to our house? He literally followed it right into the driveway!
I was livid! :rofl:

Lothlorien

yeah, I guess you are right. I'll have the stuff shipped to my neighbor or my in-laws next year. It'll save me a lot of heart failure.

TerryJ2

Arrrgh! I know how you feel.
I like the idea of having things shipped to someone else's house.
My husband has found nearly every present I've given him. Ever. I don't even expect him to be surprised any more.

mstang67chic

Going Green
Stuff doesn't even have to be delivered to be discovered. There used to be a guy in town who made and repaired golf clubs. husband and I had gone there to find a starter set for my little brother and husband spotted some club that he really wanted. It was the only one of it's kind and was already sold. The next day I went back and put in an order for it for husband's birthday. I later found out that the day after THAT husband went there too. The guy tried to put him off but he kept pestering the poor man until he broke. He wound up telling husband that he couldn't make it for him because I had already ordered it. And THEN husband searched the house till he found it. Fortunately for him he didn't use it but he knew about it the entire time. On his birthday, I had him do this elaborate scavenger/clue hunt all over the neighborhood and actually IN neighbor's houses to find the stupid thing. I was soooooooooooo :grrr: . That poor man I bought it from felt so bad but husband just would not leave him alone!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
easy child ships her stuff to my house that's for her husband or Darrin. Since I'm a half block away it's easy for her to pick up.

sister in law will be hiding out Darrin's 4 wheeler in our rec room this year.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
easy child ordered me something and I was told in no uncertain terms that if a package arrives husband is to bring it in if she isn't here. And if he is not here I am to close my eyes to bring it in.

Love that little bugger but that is going to be torture.

Beth

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I've never had issues with this. Ever! Maybe I've been lucky & this will be the year that kt or husband answers the door when UPS or Fedex shows up.

Many times I let my family know I'm expecting a delivery & they are not to open it. The anticipation just kills kt; husband isn't good at it either.

K

Kjs

Did the same here. Wasn't until AFTER I ordered it that I realized should of sent it somewhere else. I am not home often.
I was extremely lucky today. easy child is home every day. HIS gift gets delivered today. Three huge boxes, and all over the box is printed what it is. Not even wrapped in brown shipping paper. Just the product box.

I checked the tracking number and it didn't mention delivery. Only when it shipped, from Seattle to Wisconsin. That didn't help me.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Loth,

I think it's sad that it came to your house - but what if all parties saw you load the stuff up into your car/truck/van and drive off with it saying it wasn't the correct items?

Then get someone to sneak it to your house Christmas Eve?

I get a visual of the Grinch that Stole Christmas - but he DID bring it back and his heart grew 3 sizes that day. (lol)

We had a similar thing happen with difficult child one year - and I wrapped the gift up and let it sit out in plain site with the tag reading a different name - then said it was my giving tree kids' present.

Can you have the stuff delivered to work?

Lothlorien

husband quickly said something like...oh, that's not a bike, it's something daddy got for mommy that came in the bike box.

Nevertheless, Mighty Mouse already saw the box....

Obviously, it's not coming from Santa, now.

Star, Missy saw a gift that I had bought about two months ago. I told her it was for my friend's daughter's birthday. When she gets it for Christmas, she won't realize it's the same one. I gave my friend a gift to give her daughter about two weeks ago. Missy thinks I gave it to her then.

I work from home,Star. Technically, I am having it delivered to work.

I am going to put a sign out for the delivery guys...not to ring the bell and to put packages on the side in a not so obvious place.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I HEP with zee note Loth!

To anyone

Doing something like bringing something to this house that my or may not be for a seasonal event please be kind and put whatever on the side porch -

Im thinnin yer youngins would STILL understand.

OKAY - YOU CAN call UPS and have them hold the package at their freight depo for ONE DAY and pick it up - I don't know if they will do that around the holidays - but if you have another zonker coming???