Anyone elsr for any reason stop watching the news?

BusynMember

Whether because you cant handle what is going on or because you dont trust the news or for any other reason, have you finally given up the news for yourb own sake?

I dont watch it anymore. It is out of my control. Dont need to know.

Littleboylost

Long road but the path ahead holds hope.
I rarely listen to the news either. Especially habitually in the car like I used to every morning. I sing to the radio instead.

AppleCori

I don't watch news.

I occasionally watch the local weather forecast, usually if I am somewhere that has it on, like the gym and daughter's dance studio.

I started to type a treatise on the evils of the whole lot of them, but then realized that the whole point of this thread is to get away from all that negativity!

Lil

I watch the news in the morning while I'm getting ready for work, which basically means I see the 90 second "eye-opener" and then 2 or 3 of the top stories. And the weather, which is the only thing I care a great deal about. lol I occasionally check out a few stories on Yahoo.

Jabber never watched the news, though now he turns it on to get my butt out of bed, so he sees a few minutes. He has always said, "If I want to be depressed, I'll go to work."

KTMom91

Local news is on in the morning while we're getting ready, and I watch local evening news till the weather is over. Most of my "here's what's happening in the world today" stuff I see on Facebook. If I want to know more, I look. If I don't, I scroll past it.

susiestar

Roll With It
I gave up on news decades ago. Back when Wiz asked what decapitation meant during the OJ trial. You haven't understood horror until your barely 3 year old child child has carried the newspaper to you and asked you that.

Soooooooooo many people have told me what a mistake I am making, how I will be out of touch and won't know what is going on in the world, etc... They have all been wrong. The truly important things have all somehow gotten through to me. The rest? Never really had an impact on my life anyway. Other than to upset me and make me a nervous wreck.

From someone who has avoided news for over 2 decades now, I applaud you! You truly are NOT missing anything but the commercials, and you can buy what you really need in the store the same as anyone else.

pigless in VA

I can't handle the news. If it is something big, someone will mention it and I can then look it up. I find that reading the news skews my outlook on life. I do much better without the constant repetition of "this is horrible."

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I used to be a news junkie. About 10 years ago I stopped watching/reading/listening, and about 2 years ago I actively started trying to not absorb any of the garbage that passes as "news".

Doesn't stop me from getting what I need to know, but most of it is pure sensationalism.

pasajes4

I watch the local news for weather and traffc updates. If there are things going on that my involvement will impact, It will catch up to me.

BusynMember

One reason I quit, beyond all the negativity, is that knowing the bad stuff going on is not something I can do anything about so why worry? Plus news is often opinion for certain people and I dont need to know opinions, especially when it includes ugliness.

I do watch local news and switch it off once in changes to national or world news.

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
We watch it at night in bed. I usually fall asleep! My husband has a news program on in the morning also but I don't pay a lot of attention to it and I am one of those that sleeps til the last minute so I'm always in a rush! My husband is a news junkie so it's kind of hard not to be exposed. I think you become desensitized to it after a while.

Ironbutterfly

If focused on a single leaf you won't see the tree
I read the news online from websites I trust for fairness and facts. I like to read both sides of a story and draw my own conclusions. I rarely watch it on TV. It is a whole lot of opinions and expressions of pettiness,bitterness, etc I miss the ole days where news programs gave just the facts.