anyone getting up for.........

Jena

yes the ridiculous royal wedding??? i wanna see it, call me stupid yet i remember when Diana married and i watched it. for some odd reason i wanna watch him get married.....

i say i'll wake up yet katie couric's covering at 5a.m. let's see what i'm thinking of when that alarm goes off in the a.m. :)

anyone else this insane????? i may even involve popcorn LOL

KTMom91

Miss KT and I are not WAKING up for the royal wedding...we are STAYING up for it. Coverage starts at 1 am here in CA.

H

HaoZi

Nope. No way I'm getting up at 4am when I don't have to get up until 6am. If I'm really interested I'm sure the highlights will be available everywhere when I get home from work.

flutterby

Fly away!
I plan on watching it. I watched Diana get married, as well as her funeral, and even though I'm really not interested in British Royalty or any kind of celebrity "thing", Royal Weddings are something apart from everything else.

muttmeister

Not I....the only time I'm up at that time is if I haven't gone to bed yet and I'm sure not staying up for it. Trust me: they'll be rerunning it all day and all night so anything you miss the first time around, you'll be able to see again. And again. And again.

LittleDudesMom

I will watch it. But I will also clarify.

I think all the coverage on the news and the "news magazine" shows, etc., has been ridiculous. When our national morning news spends 25 minutes on "how her life will change", "which hairstyle will she wear", etc., when there are so many other important issues America should know about, I think it's awful - almost more dumbing down.

However, I would like to watch it, I'm a girl after all. But I just set my dvr last night to record from 4-7. Our local news has a sister station and they will broadcast the regular morning news on that channel so that's what I have on now. Tonight I will sit down and watch on the dvr - that way I can fast forward to what I want to see - her getting out at the abby, the ceremony, and the balcony!

Sharon

H

HaoZi

Seems getting up at 6 just perfect timing anyway, since they were just getting started on the important part. Kiddo got to watch that (no cable, so no escape anyway).

flutterby

Fly away!
I don't watch cable or network news, or the news magazine shows, so I haven't gotten sick of all of the hype. I wasn't even sure what time to watch until last night.

shellyd67

I did not get up early and watch. NO WAY ! I need my beauty sleep LOL . I got up at my regular time and saw Kate's dress and was able to catch "the kiss" live. That is good enough for me.

I do LOVE Kate's dress !

Marguerite

I watched it while we ate dinner. It was on at a very civilised time for us - 7.30 pm. I loved the dresses but I felt a lot of the women's hats looked like a collection of satellite dishes. And Eugenie's hat - what were they thinking!?? The Queen looked lovely, though. So did our Aussie PM (for a change). Although she too had a satellite dish for a hat and looked to me to be walking very carefully in case it fell off on live broadcast around the world.

It was a lovely service. I just wish they could have shut down all the pre-coverage and idiocy leading up to it. Manufactured fluff - the visual equivalent of a recycled dagwood dog.

Marg

Jena

im such a LOSER LOL. husband and i decided we'd try to pull an all nighter........ i was feeling good last night zero pain we were up talking anyway had some junk to discuss.

well at 3 a.m. like pyschos' we were up he was making me eggs. i was determined....... got back in bed at 4 put news on, heard i'll see her dress in like an hr and a half what no way??

i fell asleep woke up to the KiSS :) jerky me!! husband fell asleep sitting up with remote in hand and went to work exhausted. very mature good plan LOL :)

Star*

call 911........call 911
Suz - I thought of you this morning when we put on our Tiaras - Pootie however opted out of hers. lol

Considering the world is in a state of financial whatever it is, and times being what they are? I think this wedding was very tastefully and carefully done.

First thing I think to be commented on is that the bride and groom asked that all their gifts be given to charity - LOVELY gesture.

Secondly - The bride asked for LIVE trees - I'm sure they will be planted and not thrown away like cut flowers. Even her bouquet wasn't overstated. If anything I thought it was rather small, but very tasteful.

The princesses dress? ABSOLUTELY HER. Not austentatious, not simple. It wasn't over the top like I think a lot of people were waiting for it to out-doo Princess prior. Her tiara, her veil, her train - Elegant and lovely - just like her. Her smile; his smile? Electrifying, contageous. You see these two and wish them the best without even knowing them.

I appreciated that their ceremony included God more than it did a bunch of worldy things. I don't remember other British ceremonies and was surprised that her Father stood there so long. I was also a bit surprised that when the priest asked who gives the woman - her Father said nothing, but just laid her hand over to the Price. Not her Mother and I - not I give her.

Also noticed that by the time they were walking out as husband and wife? She had her sapphire engagement ring on!! Wonder who had charge of that little gem?

And of course the kiss! I believe the only DOUBLE kiss ever - so another memorable moment.

Was worth getting up early thirty for! 5:00 AM here!! NIGHTY NIGHT MARG!

Jena

i finally got to see it! as i stood in line a at a deli on their tv lol. her dress was great, soo her from the way they describe her to be. him well i've always thought since a little guy he was just adorable. the two of them together soo cute with their blue convertible after the wedding that said just wed. they did add in their own touches, betting that was all her. good for her, shes going to have an interesting life....... it's good she started it by saying what she wanted also.

double kiss adorable and how about that little bridesmaid who was covering her little ears during their second kiss?? sooo cute. soo different than the one 30 years ago i thought. ok i suddenly feel old :)

Marguerite

The live trees in the cathedral are to be planted at Highgrove (Prince Charles' place).

A Dagwood Dog - we just had our Sydney Royal Easter Show here, where the junk food reaches a new low. They've had Dagwood Dogs there as long as I can remember - it's a very low-grade frankfurt impaled on a stick, dipped in batter (a chemical brew indeed) then deep fried in goodness-knows-how-old-the-vat-of-fat-is. it's then dunked in tomato sauce (ketchup to the US folk) and served, dripping in grease and sauce, to some unsuspecting idiot who just paid a lot of money for the ultimate in junk food. I figured, with the Show finishing two days ago and the clean-up happening, some very old, discarded Dagwood Dogs will emerge, probably dumped by people who took one bite then regretted their folly.

The degree of rubbish in the pre-wedding TV coverage has been similarly manufactured from inedible components.

Marg

svengandhi

I was up half the night with stomach problems and finally fell asleep just before 3. I woke up at 6:15 and saw some of the service.

The hats are bizarre to me. I am so not a hat person. A friend tried to recruit for that Red Hat club or whatever it's called for women over 50 and I won't do it because I refuse to wear a hat, even one that has its own cult like Fergie's girls...

I did like her dress even though it's not my style. I really prefer the poufy, Scarlett O'Hara skirt, which I had for myself.

I think William has the look of his mother and, sadly, the hairline of his father. Harry is just simply adorable even if he does have the name of an old Jewish guy (like my dad!). He reminds me of my oldest boy.

The little girl reminded me of oldest boy at my wedding. The female cantor was past her prime and was just so shrill as she sang the Hebrew prayers. When we watched the video, there was oldest boy, who was 27 months old at the time, running around in circles behind us with his fingers in his ears and his mouth open, yelling in time with the music. It's my favorite memory of my wedding.

I thought that compared to how young and petrified Diana looked at her wedding, where she looked like a virgin being sacrificed to the lions, that Kate looked so calm, radiant and ready to be married. She and William truly looked like a couple that belongs together and I wish them the best. I just wish that their lives will be longer and happier than Diana's.