Anyone heard from Timer?

slsh

member since 1999
I haven't heard from her - I'm hoping she and her sis are drinking hard lemonade and generally raising Cain. I'm tempted to give her a call, but at the same time don't want to intrude if things were challenging at Mayo. I figure she'll make contact when she can, *hopefully* with some good news.

slsh

member since 1999
Heard from Linda this morning - she sounds pretty good. Apparently they repeated a *lot* of testing, including an MRI that took 3 hours because she kept falling asleep (without sedation), LOL. Now, Linda detests MRIs and CTs because of the enclosed spaces, but she was so worn out she apparently didn't notice. Sounds like the techs were freaking out a bit, LOL. She also had extensive vision and hearing testing too. No "autopsies" this time around (what she called biopsies last July).

She likes the neuro, who told her that Mayo is *not* filled with miracle workers. They may come up with a diagnosis and plan, or they may not. Linda told her she really doesn't care about a diagnosis, just needs a plan to help her live with these symptoms.

So... they are going to compare these tests with the ones done in 11/2007 and Linda, husband, and kt will return on Thursday to get the docs' opinions.

On a very positive note, the neuro did say that because Linda has good days and bad days, that means the nerve damage isn't permanent. Those nerves are still perking up and functioning on the good days, so that's fabulous news.

No hard lemonade or Cain-raising was involved, but it sounds like this was a good respite for Linda, in spite of her fatigue. She and her sis got a chance to catch up 1-on-1. They're heading home now to make something called "bubba burgers" and sweet potato fries, dye egges with kt, and have a girls-only slumber party tonight.

It's been an incredibly long road for our Linda. I know she appreciates very much your support these past months. I'm keeping fingers crossed that they will at the very least come up with a solid plan for her on Thurs.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Thanks for the update. And I'm relieved to hear they don't believe the nerve damage to be permanent. Some good news there anyway.

I sure hope docs can find some answers this time. Still praying hard.

Sounds like all in all she's going to have a nice Easter weekend. I'm glad.

dreamer

sending my best wishes for a plan that Timerlady finds agreeable and helpful!
Glad she got to spend some good time with her sister.
Please wish her Happy Easter, too!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Thanks for the update too!

Hey Timer - Now when someone looks at you and says

"WELL! You've got nerve!"

You can look at them and say with total honesty -

"ONLY HALF the time - care to schedule an appointment?"

Hugs