Are you having weird weather too?

Mom2oddson

Every day in December has been below normal for temps, except today which is above normal. That's a little strange, but what is weird is that we've had NO RAIN! Come on! This is the Pacific Northwest, we are supposed to look like drowning rats all winter long. We develop webbing between our toes. Moss is a normal covering on everything. We tied with Death Valley for rain amounts this month.

easy child came home from Minnesota yesterday and said that there was no snow on the ground when he left. Normally, we worry that he won't be able to get the to airport because of the snow storms.

What is going on??? And just how bad will the weather be when winter does show up? I feel like I'm waiting for a shoe to drop...heck, a whole laundry basket of shoes to drop!

buddy

easy child is right, we have nothing in the Twin Cities except little piles of white where they plowed the one time it snowed. It rained like crazy last week. I am wondering if we really will have a brown Christmas! Very very strange. But it makes winter go so much faster.

witzend

It rained all summer. It's the driest December on record. Today was the first day this month we reached our "average daily high".

InsaneCdn

We had ONE cold spell so far - and that was a few weeks back.
Normally, we'd be at least -20 at night... and never above freezing...
This year? half the time, we get above freezing during the day.
This is NOT December weather.

tiredmommy

Our weather is screwy too... been unseasonably warm with only one (very minor) snowfall so far. I'm very afraid of what next month may bring.... Lake Erie isn't frozen yet so we may really be in for it.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
We haven't really gotten cold yet. I mean winter type really cold. And I think we got your rain.........um at least this week.

But we're supposed to be going to get hit really bad this year with both snow and cold, so I'm not going to complain. It's giving me a bit more time to prepare. I've got food laid in and now I'm working on supplies for it we lose power. In fact, I just ordered a bunch today.

donna723

Our winter weather is usually so unpredictable that it's hard to tell if it's "unusual" or not. It's actually been a bit warmer than usual for this time of year. We've been in the 30's and 40's during the day, a few times down in the 20's at night. We had one little snowfall that was very pretty coming down, just barely stuck to the grass, then was gone in an hour or so. Now yesterday and the day before it was up in the mid-60's, now today it's back in the 40's and drizzling. I would be very happy if we had no snow at all but we usually get it a time or two in January or February. The difference here is that it never lasts more than a day or so because it will warm back up again.

T

TeDo

We had no snow. Last week we actually had "normal" December temps (20's). We had rain this Wed & Thurs. Cold & wind Fri. Snow (VERY light dusting) today for a couple hours. For the next 3-5 days it is supposed to be in the upper 30's. Weird? Absolutely. I just REALLY hope we don't get nailed with FEET of snow at a time in January & February to make up for it. Those months are too cold to be out doing anything with it (at least for me & my arthritis).

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Global warming? Normal cyclic changes every hundred years or so? Depending upon who you listen to and trust, these are the most common explanations.

DammitJanet

Its been warm here. I actually have had my AC on half the time. Well my room AC. Half the time my house AC is off but my room AC is on. A few times Tony sticks the house heater on first thing in the morning to warm up the house first thing in the morning but we have only had a few cold days. I do have a feeling its coming. I turned the house AC off in late October or early November I think but it has gone on a few times when it gets really warm because we have had days up near or over 80 still.

Nancy

We have had very strange weather all year. Summer was very wet, the ground is saturated. Temp have been above normal all year. Last week it rained for several days straight. Today it started snowing but the ground is not frozen and is still waterlogged.

Nancy

Steely

Well...you know...it is because I moved to the NW from AZ and the weather gods are being sympathetic and giving me a drier and sunnier winter :sunny:

It really, it IS all about me and my need for the sun right? LOL :)

DammitJanet

Well i shouldnt have said it was warm because I went to the grocery store tonight and it was cold outside...brrrrr. Of course, my cold and your cold is probably not the same cold. I passed the school where they post the temps and time and it said it was 45 degrees outside and I was freezing. I had my window cracked on my side because I smoke and then I realized the window on the other side was also cracked and the freezing cold air was blowing across my neck even though I had my heater on blasting in the car. Now my neck is in agony even though Im attempting to sleep on my heating pad. It aggrivated my fibro. Ugh. 45 is just too cold for me. LOL.