As if it weren't difficult enough already!

CAmom

DDD, thank you. I tend to get too wordy in my desperate attempts to find that "right" way to say or write things to get through to him. I think what you said is PERFECT, particularly the first line which will certainly grab his interest, being the oppositional little b-gger he is!

SunnyFlorida

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CAmom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Barbara, I've tried writing letters and talking to him about the BIG picture and what he SHOULD be focusing on now, but he can be very single-minded in that he'll pick a "cause" and go for it with all his mental energy. It's trying to get that directed in a direction that will actually benefit him that has always been a challenge and continues to be now.</div></div>

When I read this I was thinkin', this could be turned around and directed as us while we are following the road to detachment. Many times we pick a "cause" (our difficult child's current issue) and go for it with all our energy. We should be trying to get ourselves into a direction that will benefit us and will continue to benefit us.

I hope that doesn't make me sound coldhearted. Sometimes the lightbulb moment is so brightening that it dulls the brain. :smile: