Back From the Endocrinologist

mom_in_training

Here are the links Susiestar.... :) Oh and you will also find allot of input regarding Hashimotos as well. You mentioned that you have had surgery in your neck region. I really wonder if your parathyroid glands had been compromised during this surgery. Hmmm? Your deprivation of vitamin D and Calcium, Did this start becoming an issue after your surgery?

Medhelp.org (Thyroid)

When I was getting educated about difficult child's thyroid ordeal I did find that this part (Thyroid) of the forum at the time was pretty active. Other communities with medhelp you seem to not get much of a response.

susiestar

Roll With It
The Vit D intolerance started in my teens, it just was never identified as a problem. I have barfed if I drank milk since I was younger than 10, which the endo says is a sign that the intolerance started way back then. My mom said they had to go to soy formula rather than whole milk for me as a baby when she stopped nursing.

I would not be surprised if the parathyroids had been meddled with, mostly because very little would surprise me now.

mom_in_training

I am no Dr but I have a feeling that that very well could have been what happened considering your having to deal with calcium deprivation. check out those links I sent, You can get tons of good info from others that are experiencing the very same thing as you are. From all that I have read up on th thyroid it can be quite a challenge finding the right regiman that works for the individual person. I hope you do get to the bottem of it all soon.