Back from vacation

Nancy

Vegas was HOT(114)!!!! I didn't win anything :( but I tried :fantasysmiley: . During the day I sat by the pool and read and walked the strip and played the slots. In the evening easy child and I got to hang out, we saw Phantom of the Opera and Cirque De Soleil and took a bus to the end of the strip and walked back checking out all the hotels. Went to the top of the eiffel tower in the Paris and picked out which hotels we thougth were the best.

easy child had a wonderful time at the conference, met a lot of very dedicated teachers and got a lot of resources for her classroom. I decided teachers are the nicest people, everyone I met at the pool or lunch or on the bus or at the airport were very friendly, talked my ear off, and were obviously a fun bunch of people. I also decided that midwest people are the friendliest.

It was difficult to walk so I couldn't do many of the things I would have liked to and I really had to push through the pain every single day but I made it. While easy child and I were in Vegas, husband was in Chicago and North Carolina which meant that the family was in three different times zones at the same time since difficult child was here.

We didn't tell difficult child we were going and I was able to tell from facebook that she was living it up going out every night and spending two days at Put-in-Bay, an island off Lake Erie whose only claim to fame is that young people go there to drink nonstop and pass out in boats or one of the sweaty hotels and where Pat Dailey became famous in the 70's.

Our fuzzbutts were so happy to see us, Lizzy had a rough time and probably thought we were never coming back. It's nice to be home

I am so ready for my surgery Friday and hopefully the ability to get around again.

Nancy

Kathy813

Staff member
I have been thinking about you and hoping that you were having a great time. I'm glad that you did!! We saw Phantom of the Opera when we were there, too.

Will it be outpatient surgery?

I'm glad you're back.

~Kathy

S

Signorina

Welcome home! I wish you the best of luck with your surgery! It sounds like you and easy child had a wonderful time and I am so glad you guys are close. I know it doesn't make up for your difficulties with difficult child - but at the same time - it must be reassuring and comforting to your mommy heart.

Please stay in touch and let us know how you are doing after surgery.

Nancy

Yes it's outpatient Kathy, isn't everything now lol? I think they would try to do heart surgery as outpatient if they could. It's at a surgery center the same one husband had his arthoscopic knee surgery a couple months ago. They like us, we pay cash since our insurnace is so bad. Dr said it only takes about 45 minutes but I'm sure I'll be there several hours in all. I like that the Olympics will be starting the next week so I have something to keep me busy.

Nancy

Calamity Jane

Welcome back, Nancy! Yes, midwesterners and teachers are the friendliest people in my opinion too. easy child picked a great profession.

Hope your surgery is smooth and your recovery is swift. The Olympics is going to be an awesome distraction for you, too. Maybe someone else can handle the laundry, shopping and cooking for you while you recuperate. That would be a dream.