Back to simple things that make you smile

katya02

Solace
Simple pleasures ... driving daughter to school this morning and the sun was just coming up, the sky all blush pink and lavender and slightly gold and omg it was beautiful ... snow sparkling on the tree limbs and fields ... sparkling on the long grass and cattails at the front of our property. So beautiful!

And now I'm off to rejoin a spinning/fiber group that I lost track of when we moved away in 1994, and float the idea of starting a fiber/yarn shop locally - I need to get out of the house! lol

trinityroyal

Bursting into song, knowing that either husband or Little easy child, or both of them, will join in. No matter how ridiculous the song.

The fact that both of them know all the words. No matter how ridiculous the song.

Gas fireplace. No schlepping out to the woodpile, faffing about with matches and tinder. Just flip a switch and instant warm cozy fire.

Real fireplace, when I feel up to the woodpile and faffing about with matches and tinder.

Slippers, set out in front of the aforementioned fire. Get them just toasty before putting feet in same. Aaaahhhhhhh!