BBK! Please check in...it's been a while!

Hi, I'm here. So sorry I have not been on.

Now is as good a time as any to explain myself.

So Tink has been a holy terror. Her doctor lowered her abilify from 5 to 2 and put her on prozac. Within a week she beat up a boy at school. We took her off the prozac, upped her back to 5mg abilify, and she is now also on tennex. It is certainly helping with her impulsivity.

During that time I went from thinking that this kid needs all the medications she can get, to thinking she is just a brat and it is all my fault, to finally finding the gray and believing that it is probably a little of both. Throw in not seeing her daddy since December and you have one challenging kid.

Speaking of her dad, she id fianlly decide she wanted to see him in jail. We have visited him 3 times. Sparkle fanny actually offered (!) for me to take "her" place visiting him once a week. So she has seen him the past 3 Sundays. She has handled it like a trooper. He sat there crying, I was crying, and she tried to cheer US up. Last week he was sentenced, he got 3 1/2 years. He can realistically be home in less than a year. We can't visit him in county anymore, it will have to be at the penn, and we don't know which one he is going to yet.

Meantime Copper is going to court for an OP for the past 2 months, this is from her x-boyfriend (not the leprechaun, some pompous controlling a-hole that she dated for a month after she broke up with the leprechaun). THis jerk actually hired a lawyer to drag it out, and she has proof up the ying-yang that he was harrassing her. Court tomorrow morning, this should be the end of it.

Meanwhile I am still without a car. I've used my mom's car off and on recently, as my mom has gotten so bad (she has MS, we think, but now they are saying it might be Parkinsons) that she can't drive very often. I'm getting her car again tomorrow because I have doctor appts this week.

The biggest news!

I am having my surgery in 10 days. The bypass. Which means I won't be able to make the gathering. But I'll look good at the next one.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've kept off the board because I wasn't sure what I believed anymore. I'm still not 100% sure, but I know that I've missed everyone. I'm at a point in my life where I am questioning and re-questioning everything. EVERYthing. Plus I felt like as a veteran of the board, I should be here for others more often than I have, and I'm rather embarrased that I haven't been.

Oh, and I'm addicted to Facebook.

So anyways, I'm gonna try to be here more often. Love all you guys.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Glad to have you touch base Kitty. I miss you. I also understand the busy thing though too. Hope all goes well with the surgery.

Many hugs,
beth

everywoman

Oh, another facebook addict, huh. If you haven't done so yet, do not start farmtown---then you will be addicted.

by the way---missed you mucho.

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
LOL hi Kitty, Prozac made difficult child I and difficult child II sheer evil.... glad her medications are starting to balance out.

good luck on the bypass, I have thrown the idea around myself, I have 100 to lose, I am trying to do ww's but alas I am a stress eater and my life has been nothing but stress! difficult child I is locked up and difficult child II is in a partial hospital, x is still an addict living with a fruit loop!

<<<hugs>>> glad u r ok

PS I am also addicted to facebook! No farmtown for me, I am addicted to bejeweled blitz!

Abbey

Spork Queen
BBK...all us 'old timers' go through the same thing, but you really do. Maybe it's just a silly laugh for the day. In tough times, that might be just what they need.

Abbey

busywend

Thanks for checking in. We worry! Glad things are starting on the uphill climb for you. It takes work to get back up once heading down on the roller coaster of life.
Good luck with your surgery! And make sure you check in to update us again!

Lothlorien

psychiatrist tried Missy on Prozac. I took her off it in about 5 days. She was hyper beyond belief. I don't get why psychiatrists want to do that with kids. Missy was on Abilify, but she still had rages. The Risperdal has been the "magic bullet" so to say.

Hope things are over with Copper and court.....but, I hope moreso that she begins to attract more suitable boyfriends. She has gone through a streak of creeps.

That's so awesome about your surgery!

bby31288

BBK so good to hear from you. Good Luck with your bypass. husband had one in 1999. Did very well. That was back when they had to cut you open to do it! The procedure has changed so much, and recovery is much eaiser. I remember quite a few years back, we had another member have the bypass. Her name was MattsMom. She looked great! Please let us know when your feeling up to it how things went!

trinityroyal

BBK, so good to hear from you. We've missed you terribly.
I too don't understand why psychiatrists mess around with Prozac with our kiddies. My difficult child was on Paxil, which led to a crime spree and a year of house arrest. Sigh.

Hope the surgery goes well, and that your recovery is smooth.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}}
Trinity

klmno

It's good to hear from you and I'm glad you are still hanging in there. I hope the surgery goes well and you recouperate quickly!

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
Wow! I was just thinking of you last night! Had planned to ask the board if any one had heard.

I'm sorry about the turmoil in your life. Some times I don't know what Reality truly is...

When you said bypass I thought you meant cardiac! GULP! Good luck with this big decision. Let us know the date and we'll all be there with you in the OR.

Want another Facebook friend?

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Oh, another facebook addict, huh. If you haven't done so yet, do not start farmtown---then you will be addicted.

by the way---missed you mucho.

I started farmtown. Apparently it hasn't gone under, cause I keep getting messages that people work there, but I haven't seen it for months...I'm like a farm pimp...

Thanks for checking in! Hope all goes well.

DammitJanet

BBK....Im glad to see you! I am so impressed that you are having the bypass. You are so brave! Im jealous. Please let us know how you are doing. I want to live vicariously through you. I want to have it but am scared to death.

lovemysons

BBK, My goodness you've had ALOT going on.
Am thinking of you regarding bypass...Please be well.

Miss you too,
Love,
Tammy