Cable TV alternatives? Anyone?

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by SomewhereOutThere, Apr 7, 2018.

1. SomewhereOutThere

SomewhereOutThere Well-Known Member

Does anyone know of the best alternatives to cable/dish TV? We are already on Netflix and Prime but want to still be able to see some of our favorite shows on regular TV if we can. Yet $200 a month for cable is too much once hubby retires

I know of Sling and Hulu. I am open to any suggestions and reviews.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can guide me.

2. Triedntrue

Triedntrue Active Member

I don't know but would be thrilled to find out as well.

3. SomewhereOutThere

Cable is not used as much now especially by the young. Maybe I should just ask my kids. Duh!!!! ;)

4. pasajes4

pasajes4 Well-Known Member

I use an indoor antenna. I bought it at walmart for under 20. It is a flat piece of square plastic and uses an HDMI hookup to the tv. I get all my local channels. I have netflix and hulu for movies.

5. SomewhereOutThere

Thanks. I thought of an antennae for local too. How is the reception?

Also, while I got you here would you be kind enough to tell me how the hurricane area of Texas is doing? We would still like to camp somewhere near the Corpis Christi area next year if possible. Thank you very much.

6. pasajes4

pasajes4 Well-Known Member

The antenna is high definition and works great in my area.
    The coast is recovering slowly. You would need to check with wherever it is you wanted to stay to see what the conditions are. South Padre did not get hit and it is beautiful.

7. SomewhereOutThere

Thanks for the update! We will definitely check and San Padre is on our short list anyway :)

8. BloodiedButUnbowed

BloodiedButUnbowed Active Member

I do not recommend Sling TV. Even with the fastest available Internet speed the service is choppy and cuts in and out. Thank you for reminding me to cancel the free trial before we get billed!