Can this winter ever end???

Abbey

Spork Queen
My gosh...it's mid April and it's snowing again. Wind, rain, sleet, now snow. I'm so flipping tired of it. I don't even do my hair anymore. It doesn't matter because there is either wind, snow or sleet coming down. Put a hat on? Yeah...do that, but now the hair session is a wash. Maybe I should just shave bald.

Yuck.

Abbey

Wiped Out

Staff member
Abbey,
Are you back in WI? We had a few flurries today but nothing more. They are calling for 67 by Friday. I hope the sun shines by you soon. by the way, I know you don't want to hear this but I remember once in May it snowing about 5 inches (It did melt by the next day though).

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I know I'm not making it here as often as I used to..........but are you saying it's snowing in Vegas........or are you back in WI??

We got snow right before the weekend. What made it worse was that the day before had been nearly 70 degrees!

Keep warm.

Hugs

Abbey

Spork Queen
Sorry to confuse. Yes, I'm back in WI. Too long of a tale to write. I'm off to an interview and then spread my granny's ashes to the fish in Lake Winnebago. (Wisconsinites...don't go fishing for awhile.)

Abbey

K

Kjs

I didn't know you were back either. You were SUPPOSE to bring that warm weather with you.

I am sick of the weather too. Warmer on Friday. I sure hope that forecast stays. We are getting new windows on Friday and it would be awful cold if we had no windows all day. I don't know how long it takes.

I went up to Green Bay last Thursday - we went right through your town. I had no idea you were back. Dang, I could of stopped.

rejectedmom

OK you're interviewing for a job is that a reason for us to suspect you are planning to stay in WI for a while? I hope it works out for you. -RM

Star*

call 911........call 911
:2cold:ABBB bbbeee eeeeee

arrreee you haaaapppppeeee toooo beeee baaack in WISCONSIN? I'm pretty sure Wisconsin is Algonquin for "people must be crazy to have 8 months of snow and cold."

And remember - WI has 2 seasons - 4th of July and WINTER. :snowing:

Abbey

Spork Queen
Starbie...you crack me up on a continual basis. Yes, I'm mentally challenged to come back here. Don't beat me down.

RM - up in the air.

I'm off in a few to bury Gram to the fish. At least it's not so cold, just windy.

Abbey

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Hmm, the only times I have ever been to WI (near Madison) I almost sweated to death. (1999 and 2000) - my ex-in-laws didn't have A/C!

FWIW, it snowed here Friday too. My daffodils were screaming.

Andy

We warned you about the winters there. Did you not listen? What are you doing back in WI? How many extreme weather changes can your body withhold in a 6 month period?

Now, if you would have stayed in WI and not attempted that little retreat from winter, today would feel very nice and warm.

One good thing about Spring time snow is that it doesn't last for long. I have pictures of days when husband is shoveling the driveway at 7:30 in the morning and the ground is green at 4:30 in the afternoon.

It will end and then you will have to deal with overy hot weather. Dig out the a/c and fans.

Hang in there Abbey - you will make it!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Bury WHO?

Your gram -
with your fish?

ARE YOU MAKING LUTEFISK??????

BLECH -

SILVER BELLS........SILVER BELLS.........IT"S CHRISTMAS TIME IN THE CITY .........dingaling........hear them ring......la la la laaaaaaa la la al.......la

Abbey

Spork Queen
Naw, Grammy died on Easter Sunday. I had been back just a few hours and got a call from the nurse. I was the only person to bolt up there to see her. She was quite alert. She asked for a fish fry, bloody mary and a cigarette. I looked at the nurse and asked her to turn a blind eye, which she did. Thank you.

Spent the afternoon coloring eggs, then she said she's not see me again and she was true to her word. I got the call yesterday afternoon that she passed quietly. So today I got her ashes and threw them out on Lake Winnebago. (Don't go fishing locals.) Screwed up attempt, I might say. It was windy. Ugh. She wanted them to go to the fish so they could be (insert cussing here) mean m/frickers. She was a peach. Definetely a difficult child before the term was coined. She cussed like a sailor, but was secretly very passionate about her family. Unfortunatly, like some of us know, you abandon people like this without really understanding who they are. She's not biologically my Gram, but that doesn't mean anything to me. She is H's, but the entire family has given up on her.

I found her quite interesting. She's been Gram for 18 years. I will miss her humor when you least expect it. I'd see her mentally wandering off in the distant then come up with the best punch line ever. This was the 4th or 5th attempt to convince me to cut off her ankle bracelet so she could walk the two blocks to the local bar. In some sense, I wish I would have done it. Give her the last fun.

Abbey

Star*

call 911........call 911
Sorry about your Gram - she sounds like a real character.

I am sure that any attempt to force fish to eat her ashes were well intended - no matter which way she blows - and that was probably her blowing back against the wind for her last haha.