checking in

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
Hello guys, I know my checking in has been random lately. Working FT and my youngest difficult child have kept me crazy busy.

So I am at pivotal point with youngest difficult child (15/BiPolar (BP)). He was in hospital right b4 New Years for depression & agression and there recommendation was residential. I went to see one residential that is local to me and it scared the heck out of me.

I need some gently butt kicks here guys, I know @ 15 something has to give, he just snapped my new lap top in 1/2 this past weekend after I shut his phone off for blowing off a counseling appointment. I am weary, but so darned scared.

I am getting a tatoo of a scapegoat, between my x (aka "y"), my oldest difficult child and Youngest difficult child, everything is always my fault and I am a terrible person! I am starting to get a complex here.

I am home sick today and I am not doing anything I should be, but I am being completely selfish and vegging all day!

flutterby

Fly away!
It's good to see you again, though I wish the circumstances were different.

Why did the Residential Treatment Center (RTC) scare you?

JJJ

There are other RTCs out there. Kanga is in her 4th. The first and third were ineffective at best. The current one is decent and I loved the 1st one (sadly, it closed due to funding issues).

Any Residential Treatment Center (RTC) that takes aggressive boys is going to have a bit of a frightening aspect to it. That does not mean that it isn't where your son needs to be. At 15, time is running out and an Residential Treatment Center (RTC) can make a huge improvement in a child.

As Heather asked, what about the Residential Treatment Center (RTC) scared you? Did you get a list of which RTCs are covered by your funding source?

TerryJ2

Amazeofgrace, he actually broke the laptop in half? Not just the top off of the hinges?

Tell us more about the Residential Treatment Center (RTC) and why it scared you.

Go ahead and veg. You've earned it!!!! :flower:

DDD

Good to see you AG. Wish things were going more easily for you but it sounds like you're still in the midst of crisis. Hope you enjoy a day of veg...it can really be therapeutic. Hugs DDD

buddy

my son has slammed mine closed so I can't type but oh my wow..... so sorry. I am sure that could've been me. I hope you find an Residential Treatment Center (RTC) you are comfortable with. Yes, that is a scary thought but waiting till you dont have a say could be scarier...

klmno

Good to see you again! I can't honestly say whether private Residential Treatment Center (RTC) is better than turning him into court system. I'm starting to think neither one "get it" the way we think they should, both have inadequate services, etc. But, each individual one will have advantages and disadvantages. The first thing is safety and holding on to the minimal basic boundaries, then compare the advantages and disadvantages for each option. At least you are aware that something needs to be done and the options are still yours.

B

Bunny

I think that many of us have taken our "veggie" days and I think that we earn them. Don't feel badly about it.

Wht about the Residential Treatment Center (RTC) scared you? If he's 15 and broke your laptop in half, I would assume that he's bigger and stronger than you. You have to be careful and do whatever you need to do to protect yourself. Is there another Residential Treatment Center (RTC) that you can send him to?