Circle of support for Star

witzend

I'm sorry hon. I don't have any advice right now, either. So I'm guessing I might as well keep my trap shut. Give me a call if you need to.

KTMom91

Oh, Star, I'm so sorry. Do look into the training through unemployment...Hubby was just approved for a 37 week Microsoft Networking course, that Unemployment is paying for, and he'll continue to collect while he's in training. Although I understand that right now you probably don't want to do anything but scream...

Sending lots of love, strength, hugs...hope things get better soon for you and DF.

DammitJanet

Oh Star...Can they kick you anymore? Tell ya what, get the place ready to sell. (Do go find some little girls 5 to bring me) and then just haul the camper up here. We may need to use it for storage...lol. Bring a good mattress. I only have mine. We will figure out the dogs somehow.

M

ML

I am so sorry Star. I am stretching my arms wide and sending you lots of love. It's just not fair. I am here if there is anything you need, let me know. I am thinking of you and saying extra prayers for you right now.... passing the baton to..

busywend

I am so sorry Star. It is a blow for sure. We all know someone that is way better off for the forced change in their life, but take the time you need to process this before getting the promise of a better life forced at you .

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
As everyone else said, this really does blow big time. I'm so sorry about the loss of a job, but I'm glad to hear that through the shock of it, you're thinking that this may be an opportunity in disguise.

You are talented, bright, intelligent and efficient. You have will power and drive. You will be an asset to anyone in any place at any time - no matter where you end up, they will be lucky to have all that you offer!

Poop on the old boss - working with his wife will likely not be such a picnic, but he's probably saving money (it's all small business' drive these days).

Something else will come of this. Now is a perfect time for clearing and cleaning out the junk and stuff, make a few dollars at a tag sale and figure out how to use this time and energy to start anew. Sending mucho love and hugs and support! You are still my beacon. ♥

donna723

:mad: Oh Star, that just svcks - BIG TIME!

You need to take some time to calm down and explore your options. Going back to school sounds good, especially if they will pay you to do it!

Sending HUGE hugs!!!

everywoman

Star, thinking of you further south---I so know how it feels to fee ready to just pack it in and move on. Contemplating that here every couple of days. Hanging on today----hope you are too.

crazymama30

Star, if you can call your docs and see if you can refill your medications for 3months. and do it on the last day you have coverage.l

As for everything else? Life just does not seem to quit kicking you when you are down. Just not fair.

DammitJanet

Hey Star....just had a thought. Remember that woman who came in to do that review on the company? Why dont you give her a call now? Might lead to something.

helpme

Best of luck with it all Star, I'll have a drink tonight for you.
I'll be sending you lots of luck so things go perfectly from now on,
for you and your family.

DDD

l'm rootin' for you, Starbie. There's no doubt you're one of the sharpest pins in the pack and I'm sure you'll end up ahead of the game. If you don't have experience in real estate please make sure you don't just "go" with the first agent you speak with about your property. Most everywhere you can get free CMA's (competitive market analysis) from two or three competing Realtors. It shows current properties for sale, recent sales, square footage + features of those other homes compared to you. It is not uncommon for a price to be placed too high (knowing the seller wants to get big bucks) or too low (insuring the quickest sale and closing for the agent). Be cautious as you're a bit vulnerable right now. Hugs.

Some of the suggestions from other family members are outstanding! DDD

Estherfromjerusalem

Dear Starbie, I was devastated to read all your news. I pray that the run of "bad luck" or whatever you want to call it has now run itself out, and that the run of "good luck" is about to start for you. Your friend in Jerusalem is sending up a prayer that things improve for you. If you and your boyfriend really want to get far away from it all, there's a room for you here in our apartment in Jerusalem (yes, really!).

Love, Esther

Star*

call 911........call 911
Run of bad luck?? I'm thinking it's a mudslide......out of the stockyards.......:tongue:

Thank you for the prayers.....I have this really eerie sense of calm that I can't even begin to explain. (exhale) I guess I'm going to try Witz' bra trick and hike the girls up to their fullest potential tomorrow. I got the resume done....and dug out the Signature A (makeup) bag and 'sekky' dress....:cutie_pie:

D3 - Thanks for the information on the realtor. I actually met a very down-to-earth gal I liked at a flea market and kept her card so I'm going to call her. She was honest and is out to get me the most money....she has no idea the shape of this house - it's falling apart. I would need MOVE THAT BUS to come and help me - the walls, ceilings....ugh...I mean it's all just a matter of having help - but I have none.

Janet - Thanks so much for the offer...but you've never met the tiara queen...I mean terror king. I do have boatloads of fence (no not from that company I pulled this up myself when I worked for the other company for free and it was hard work) so puppies would have a place.

Step - are there ANY jobs in Ohio right now? DF says it's the worst state in the US???

Everyone else - Just watch me ------I've got my mud skis on. I'll just do my best to wade through the poop like everyone else.

Thanks family - you are the best. :cheers:

What isss she putting in that glass Ralph?
I don't know Alice but it's sending her TO DA MOON!!!!!! Wooooo hooooooo.:cheer_up:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Starbie try the internet for ohio jobs. Would LOVE you to be nearby!!! :D I'd say stay with me but my husband is such an enormous grouch and a half (I'm being very kind here) that you'd want to kill him within a week, I'd probably let you, and we'd both have free room and board for life. :rofl:

PM me with some of the things you've done and I can ask around a bit or have Nichole do some job searches. She's good at it.

But sad to say, ohio is in really bad job shape at the moment, especially in my area. Although you might have better luck in the big city areas. husband has had 1 nibble in about 8 mos and that fizzled in less than a day. It is doing nothing to help his current mood/attitude.:faint: