Computer classes for kids

Lothlorien

Mighty Mouse is a computer geek (I mean that in a very loving way!). He started teaching himself Java Script over the summer but got a little hung up. I was trying to find classes that he could take that were geared for kids that were a little more advanced than what he is learning in school. This kid has literally taught the computer teacher some stuff and he's bored out of his mind in computer class at school. Anyway, I was having this discussion with one of my friends last night and she told me about the Alice Project.....pioneered by Randy Pausch...."The Last Lecture." I had not read the book, but had heard many things about him and the book.

Anyway....thought I'd pass this along for other parents with burgeoning computer geeks like Mighty Mouse.

www.alice.org
:smile:

DammitJanet

Im so proud of your Mighty Mouse! If he ever wants to talk to another computer geek just ask me and I will give you Billy's number. Billy builds all of his own computers except a laptop he got at work for a very good price.

Right now Billy is building a desktop for Jamie so he can have it to start his online classes in January. I have been told that all the tablets they had have been broken...sigh. I dont know what happened to the laptop they used to have but I have no doubt its been broken too. Jamie's wife and kids are hard on electronics.

Lothlorien

Thanks Janet. Mighty Mouse would love to build his own. He's been looking online and he's already taken apart two of my old computers. He is a neat little kid.