Could use some prayers

susiestar

Roll With It
I had a seizure of some sort on Wed. I was taken to the ICU and kept there until this morning. No one knows why. First they thought it was meth use!!! I have NEVER EVER EVER used an illegal drug!! Or even used one not rxed for me. Phenergan and arava together can show up as meth, according the the mental health lady.

It was a very painful time, and I am surely not myslef. I see both and endocrinaologist (3 month wait to get this appointment) and my psychiatrist/therapist on Monday.

Anyway, please keep good thoughts, rattle beads, whatever. I am really scared. I have never had a seizure before. And I don't want another one.
The kids are staying at myparents for a few days. thank you has cub schout popcorn sales and Jess has a ton of schoolwork, husband and Wiz are working.

so they are ok.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Oh many prayers being said. So sorry you are going through this. If they are comfortable sending hugs...if not then know they are waiting til you can have them.

Beth

F

flutterbee

So sorry you are going through this. Saying prayers and keeping good thoughts.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Susie Prayers being sent. Along with some major (((hugs))) Any chance of a medication reaction causing the seizure? Scarey for sure.

Lothlorien

How long did the seizure last?

I'm sorry to hear about this. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Are you making an appointment with a neurologist, as well?

mstang67chic

Going Green
How frightening! But (and I know this is easy for me to say....it's not me) try to stay as calm as possible. There are many, many relatively minor reasons why this could have happened. I would hope the docs have already asked this but did you do ANYTHING different that day or in the days previous?

Anyhoo, I hope all of the appointments go as well as possible and this turns out to be something teeny tiny that is easily taken care of. Beads rattling, prayers being sent and am getting the chicken livers out just in case.

susiestar

Roll With It
Thanks you ALL!! I have been titrating up on a new medication for the arthritis. The current thought is that it caused the seizure, either by itself or with something else I am on. No interaction showed up on the interaction checker I use, but anythingis possible. I was on the third day at full strenght of the arava.

What really scared me is I have NO IDEA how long it lasted. I didn't become aware of anything until Thurs morning. Right now they think the endocrin doctor is the best to figure it out, but if anything else happens I will see a neuro too.

Our hospital is very strange, in my opinion. Usually they give benadryl, period. I am glad they did more this time. My mom had just gotten into town after a 2 month trip, thank god she was there to help.

Love you all!

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
YIKES, Susie! Is anyone staying there with you or checking on you consistently?

Take care of yourself.

Hugs,
Suz

susiestar

Roll With It
husband had to work the football game today, but my mom and dad have been over checkingon me and helping wth the housework. Thanks for asking. Love you ALL!

Jena

it's been a ridiculously rough month for you.......... i'm sorry :) keep your chin up, you needy some crunchy cheese doodles......very helpful.

Jen :)

klmno

Wow, Susie, I'm sorry this happened. How frightening that must have been- I'm sending hugs and prayers right away. Hang in there- try not to worry. I'm glad you have a little help with things....Keep us posted!

Ephchap

Susie,

I can't imagine how scary this all has been. I'm glad your parents are there to help out and that husband is keeping a close watch as well.

Sending many hugs and good thoughts that this gets resolved easily, and that you're feeling like yourself again.

Deb