Could use the power of the board

flutterby

Fly away!
Earlier this year, I got a letter from SS that my SSDI is being moved to a video conference thing (don't remember the exact name of it). There is such a backlog of SSDI cases, that they moved some to this video conference thing (still with an administrative judge, I'm just guessing the judge is not in Ohio) to try to move cases along. In March, I got a letter that they were going to do another review before giving me a court date, and that they needed more information from me to do the review. The faster we got the information to them, the faster they could do the review.

It took therapist until last week to get the info to my attorney (she's only had the paperwork from the attorney for a year and we spent at least 5 appointments over the last several months going over information it requested, and me asking her at every appointment if it has gone out - sigh). So, now they should have everything they need to do a review.

If you could rattle some beads, say a prayer, do the naked chicken liver dance that they approve me, I would be ever so grateful. I have no idea how long it will take to get a court date - even with it being moved to a video conference - if they deny me again.

TIA.

crazymama30

Rattling beads, crossing appendages, doing all I can for you.

I called SS last week and Dan's appeal should have had a decision by last week, I figured I would give them an extra week or 2, given the agency we are dealing with.

Heather, I hope you get this. You need it.

DammitJanet

Heather...mine was done by video conference too. Not that unusual. Kept me from having to drive to Charlotte. My lawyer drove up from Atlanta and we did it in an office in a local bank. I actually had my decision in about two weeks but my lawyer told me as I was leaving the parking lot that he was 99% sure I won because the judge said something to him but I cant remember what it was.

Steely

Sending many, many positive thoughts your way ..............you deserve this to go well!!!!! And it will..............

M

ML

Adding my prayers and positive thoughts. You deserve this and I believe you will get it.

flutterby

Fly away!
Thank you, ladies. I have no idea how long this review will take - I'm hoping not long.

Janet, I'm glad to know that maybe I won't have to drive into Columbus to go to a courthouse for this thing if it goes to court. I don't mind driving into Columbus, but trying to find parking there for court is a nightmare. I assumed it would still take place at the courthouse.