Day 13...still grumpy...oh well

DDD

Evidently some of my posts have come accross "grumpy" too. Too bad. So sad. :surprise: I warned you guys, lol. I imagine I won't be my "sweet" self until New Years. Just ignore me! DDD

klmno

LOL! You 'ole meanie! If I put my cigs down I would have CPS called for the advice I'd be posting about difficult child's. But they have gotten so expensive here I might have to try it- and I smoke one of the cheapest generic brands.

A very HUGE congrats on making it to day 13 DDD. The nicotine is out of your system by now, so that's good. But, I know all too well that psychological addiction is tough to beat (I have started and quit too many times to count and currently still smoking). Vent away, kick and scream and we will all continue to support you on this end. One day at a time, right?

Again congrats to you....Just think, if you smoked a pack a day, you have already saved about $65, LOL.....

Abbey

Spork Queen
Who is saying you're grumpy? You're FAMILY, dear. You can grump away all you want to me. Just email or PM me.

mstang67chic

Going Green
Keep it up DDD! I'm on day 8 and if it weren't for the patches....ALL of you would have heard multiple sonic booms by now.

It will take me longer because of weaning myself off the patches but I can't imagine doing this without them. If you're going completely cold turkey....my hat is off to you. From waaaaaaaaaay across the room but it's still off! :tongue:

Klmno...if you're seriously considering it...check with your insurance. I was able to get patches for free through husband's insurance.

DDD

Thanks you for the support. Mustang I didn't realize you were still on board this irritating "get pure" road...lol. Misery likes company ;) so I feel better knowing you're stressing too.

See??? I warned you guys I am not nice lately! DDD

PS: I'm going cold turkey, forcing myself to walk a bit each day and avoid all fattening foods. I grew up going to Catholic schools and am trying to feel "saintly" about it!

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Would I be saintly if I finally snapped, ripped someone's head off and played kickball with it?

You are quitting smoking. Yes, you would qualify as a saint.

Girls, register with www.quitmeter.com to make you feel purer about the money you're saving while you are ripping others' heads off.

:D

Sympathetic hugs,
Suz

Star*

call 911........call 911
It's day 13, that I've gone without smoke

I'm not into happy, I need someone to choke

Plenty of warnings I've given my crew

This isn't so easy - but what can I do?

Things that were easier I'll list right here

To pass my time; I'll be perfectly clear

Shaving my armpits with duct tape was easy

That Bermuda wax in Cabo was breezy

Child birth 38 hours was fun

Sun burn while vacationing could not be out done

Standing on my ears in the corner was good

Ignoring that accountant guy in our neighborhood

But day fourteen I shall claim you as my own!!!

Victory will be mine as I smoke NOT in my home

And my lungs will be healthy and I'll remain smoke free

For day 99 cometh and I won't be Grrrrumpy. :tongue:

YOU CAN DO EEEEEEETTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!
rha rha rheeeee kickem in the knee
rha rha rhassssa kickem in the
other knee
:cheerleader:GOOOOOO D3

DDD

The reminds me of the l950's humor that we thought was hysterical.

"She's a poet
But she don't know it
Cause
Her feet are Longfellows" :D

DDD

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
DDD--

Be as grumpy as you want...it makes me feel like less of a *****.

LOL!

Seriously, though, what good are we to one another if we can only be perfectly nice and polite all the time? Isn't the purpose of this board to be able to "be ourselves" and confess that we are not perfect and that we are dealing with stress and anger and sorrow and confusion? It is the sharing of our struggles that helps most in healing...

Share away...and be grumpy if you need to!

--Daisyface

Star*

call 911........call 911
Okay here's my next suggestion - If you are really feeling like a vindictive butt*

Today - just for kicks - tell your difficult child that you will take him and his friends to McDonald's gratis if you can take a picture of them all together. Then stand your difficult child in front of their new advertisement for the ANGUS burgers. Except YOU stand difficult child right in front of the G. Tell him he's special and has to stand out ALONE, and have the rest of them stand in front of the word BURGERs. Then snap the picture. I swear it was THE MOST fun I've had in years. No one got it until I blew it up.

Stilllllllllllllllll grumpy? :tongue:

(she's also quite bad)