difficult child CUT HIS HAIR.AAAAAAH...

needabreak

i CAN NOT BELIEVE HE DID THIS. BUT THE FUNNY THING IS I DID NOT YELL AT HIM OR GET MAD.I JUST HAD TO SIT BACK AND LAUGH.THE SAD THIND IS I JUST TOOK HIM TWO WEEKS AGO TO GE A HAIR CUT SO IT WASS ALL READY SHORT.WELL HE DECIDED IS WAS NOT SHORT ENOUGH.HE CUT IT ALL THE WAY DOWN.SO I TOOK HIM TO GET THE REST OF IT ALL CUT OFF.I WAS NOT GOING TO SEND HIM TO SCHOOL TO BE TEASED.NOW YOU COULD SAY HE IS READY FOR THE ARMY CAUSE HE HAS NOTHING LEFT.THANK GOD HE DID NOT GET HIS BROTHERS HAIR. I KNOW HE IS NOT THE FIRST AND WONT BE THE LAST CHILD THAT DECIDES TO CUT THERE HAIR... :rofl:

dreamer

when my girls were much younger, I was at work and respite was here and wrap facilitator came and brought my girls a Christmas gift..a Barbie doll with tiny lil scissors to cut Barbies hair with.
When I got home from work around 2 am, I noticed hair everywhere. I could not figure out what it was from. I went to check the kids and found my girls who had never had any haircuts in their life both with hair less than an inch long!!!!!!!!
They used the itty bitty Barbie scissors to cut each others hair!
The next day when therapist came for home visit, she saw the girls hair, asked girls what happened to their hair, the girls told her proudly how they cut each others hair. The next day we got a visit from CPS.......why? Child endangerment, the kids had gotten hold of scissors, therapist decided that was endangerment and she called CPS. My girls were age 4 and 5 at the time.
CPS cleared us, partly becuz it happened when respite that CPS ordered and paid for was watching my kids and partly cuz it was our wrap around facilitator who gave the kids the dolls and scissors while I was at work.

Even the simplest things can go awry.
I can sympathize, for sure. I freaked when my girls hair was cut like that. :-( They had begun with hair below their but.
My son on the other hand wears a crew cut all the time, his choice. He loves it.

mstang67chic

Going Green
been there done that!!! I came home from work one day and difficult child had shaved his head using a disposable razaor and husband's beard trimmer. I was really surprised that he did as good of a job as he did. No major blood loss although he did have a Mr. T thing going on behind his ears that I had to take care of. And, may I say, difficult child is NOT one that wears bald well. :rofl:

Sneak off for a bit, have a drink (or two) and just take a moment to laugh. He's the one that has to live with it!

needabreak

oh my god all that hair gone.i can not believe they called some one about that.good thing every thing turned out ok the only time i had child protective service come is when a old ex friend of mine was mad at me she called them and told them i have a autistic child that i keep locked in a cage.when they came my parevts were there cause i was on afield trip with why son.my father was so mad the man asked him how i get him to school and my dad said we put him in a cage and roll him down the street.i could of pressed charges agaist old friend but i had more impotant thoings to worry about.

dreamer

awww.....LOL, my son has a gorgeous lil head......I am partial to long hair..even on my son......when he lets it grow, I think he looks like david cassidy on partridge family, LOL.....sooo cute....but he does have a nicely shaped lil head. :)
Him and oldest both have the thickest hair I have ever seen on anyone......even the hair place people commment on how extremely thick it is. And they both have white blonde hair and it is wavy bordering on curley. I think my son mostly likes the crew cut cuz it really is difficult to comb and wash and rinse good etc.

2 weeks ago my son decided to dye his crewcut bright red.....his sisters dye their hair all kinds of weird colors, so I let him, oldest dtr helped him......it really was sort of cute. :) BUT it is already almost washed out, cuz the silly kid loves to take baths and takes 2 per day and washes his hair each time. LOL.

when the girls had cut each others hair, husband would not let me get their ears peirced prior to the hair cutting but after the hair cutting I was so distraught and I kept sobbing- they look like boys- so husband then let me get their ears peirced, LOL.

CPS has been here more times than I want to think about.....they have cleared us every single time. Most often our school calls them.....CPS has told me they are VERY sick of our school. Our school has called them accusing us of not medicating our kids, of medicating too much, of using docs that are not ????licensed???? (that one made the doctor VERY angry, doctor was absolutely properly licensed)
school even called them accusing us of not seeking care for sons eye....we were able to produce documentation that we were in treatment for his eye, weekly....and that the school got a weekly report from the eye doctor. Our school especially is CPS happy.
Our tdocs and psychiatrists and case managers also used to call CPS on each other, regarding advice treatments etc they suggested for our kids. One doctor would decide a trreatment and another doctor would disagree. It was awful.

dreamer

I meant his hair is difficult when it is long..LOL.....he likes the crewcut cuz thats easy to wash and comb, LOL.

dreamer

at the time our girls cut their hair- when cps came they saw that we had all knives and scissors and even plastic wrap and scotch tape all in a locked box.....(everything sharp) and all our medications - even OTC and vitamins in another locked box and all cleaning supplies etc in another locked box....so I suppose that may have helped in our favor.
Aw heck, here we are so many years later, kids much, much older, LOL and much more stable, and LOL all that stuff is STILL locked up, LOL......not sure why I continue to keep it locked up. LOL. and "I" have the ONLY keys.

TerryJ2

OMG, LOL!

Ohh, that's weird about ch prot svcs visiting because of hair! Give me a BREAK!!!

And because someone made a sarcastic remark about rolling them down the st in cages an ex-friend called ch pro svcs? Arrgh! I WOULD have pressed charges. More entertainment than Real TV, that's for sure.

The notes here make my head spin...

dreamer

well, what the therapist said was a young child being able to get their hands on scissors could have been dangerous and they "could have" done more than cut each others hair, like had an accident, or whatever.....grrrrr. Yeah OK fine...but..how come when I complained the respite worker kept taking my kids in her tiny ppickup truck when there were not enough seat belts, cps blew THAT off? Or when I asked gosh what was respite worker DOING while my kids were cutting each others hair-----they blew THAT off, too. CPS was paying for respite and cps hired the respite person.

I really am glad I no longer deal with those agencies anymore. It was SO awful to live that way.

Janna

OMG, I'd be going AAAAHHHHHHHHHHH too. How did he do that without you seeing him????? :smile:

I remember the days when I took Dylan to the bathroom with me because he couldn't be trusted to be alone for 5 seconds. Ugh :rolleyes:

Go to Wal Mart, get a cheap set of clippers, and shave it down to a teddy bear. That's what my boys have, all year long. Nothing to cut!

Janna

Marguerite

easy child 2/difficult child 2 didn't cut all her hair, just a fringe. And once she had a tiny tuft growing and we didn't know why - it was like a small piece had been cut off, maybe in class by another kid sitting beside her. I have my suspicions...

difficult child 1 is so 'into' animé and cosplay at conventions, that he asked me to dye his hair blue. No coloured hair spray for him - it had to look much more real than that. He was 19 at the time. First I had to bleach it and you should have heard him screaming blue murder. Then the hair dye, over yellow bleached blonde - it ended up looking more green than blue, especially as it washed out over the next few weeks (and turned his pillow cases blue - I wasn't happy!). Of course, a lot of local people were convinced we were crazy, when before they had only thought it.
All the kids had some months earlier gone to get a studio portrait done for husband's & my wedding anniversary, as a memento. It was a secret, but difficult child 1 asked me to give him a buzz cut the day before. That's the last haircut he's had. His hair is now down to his waist and he mostly wears it in a pony tail. He hasn't asked me since to bleach it and dye it.
The lovely photo on the wall is the only memory I have of difficult child 1, looking 'normal'. This is way beyond David Cassidy; getting to be more like Crystal Gayle!

Marg

dreamer

LOL re:crystal gayle!
My bro all thru 70s and 80s had very long hair. Now he wears it very very short. My husband wore his very very short but then when he got so sick, we did not get his cut, nor did he shave and I did not shave him. (goodness I was busy enough) So husband hair and beard went to his waist.

After the incident with my girls cutting each others hair, a few years later- the lady next door runs an in home day care and we have a chain link fence....the kids in the day care talked my oldest into coming up to the fence, presumably to tell her a secret, when she got near, they grabbed her thru the fence and cut the hair on one side of her head quite short and sprained her arm/elbow holding her thru the fence so they could.

needabreak

my other son wo has Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD) had very long hair to the middle of his back.not because iwanted to keep it like that but taking him to get a hair cut was a night mare he would not let no one touch him.until last year when he got lice from school.i was distraugt cause i never had that in my family before.so i had to hold him very tight while my mom shaved his head that was the fastest hair cut i ever seen.

Marguerite

When difficult child 3 was 8 there was a tick epidemic at the school. They were hatchlings and so only pinhead sized, but difficult child 3 was covered in them. I stopped counting when I got to 200. They covered him from his groin and up - genitals and all were covered in ticks. Painful. I had to buzz cut his head because otherwise I wouldn't be able to get them all out of his scalp. I'd cut his hair to about a quarter of an inch.

Then a few days later, he got another hundred. More on his scalp, again. Add in his Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) habit of picking at any scab and making it huge, and he looked awful, like a street kid from the 18th Century.

Trying to give haircuts to the boys when they were younger - awful, especially with difficult child 1. And the end result looked it, too - imagine trying to trim a noisy moving target. difficult child 3 was almost as bad, but at least wasn't throwing a tantrum with every haircut. Now I get his hair done professionally.

Marg

needabreak

that sounds terrible.i can not imagion going throug something like thathow long ago did this happen i never heard of anything like that.

givnmegryhr

One good thing, at least alot of kids are wearing supershort cuts. It won't be anything out of the ordinary. I'm a hairstylist and I remember one time when a frantic father called asking for an emergency haircut. He was watching his daughter and her friend and they decided to cut each others hair! The friends mom luckily thought it was funny,but the friends wasn't that badly ruined. The friend absolutely chopped his daughter's hair. He said his wife was gonna kill him! She loved long hair,but there was no way to save it. She had to get a short cut. I'll never forget that. I told my kids you have to go to school to learn how to cut hair. Cut your dolls hair if you want to ,but leave your own alone. My BiPolar (BP) son cut his though. Why is it always right in the front? LOL. He liked his hair fuzzy though(a buzz). Don't know what you can do about it ,but at least he's a boy!