difficult child diagnosis with H1N1

horserider

I was concerned this could possibly happen. When difficult child called this weekend and said he had a temperature of 103 and was sick. My husband visited him tonight, I was not able to go. difficult child told him he has H1N1 (he is in a therapy program, at the jjc). They have him on antibiotics, cough medication and Tylenol, so I am assuming a dr. diagnosed him. I will call the nurse in the morning. You would think they would have called us and let us know the diagnosis. My husband is concerned about exposure because he is Type 1 Diabetic, he had the regular flu shot, but not H1N1. They should have had a mask for my difficult child at least.

Poor kid, not an environment you want to be sick at. Hopefully I can talk to him this Wed.

flutterby

Fly away!
Are you sure about the diagnosis? Because they don't prescribe antibiotics for H1N1 as it's a virus.

In any case, I hope he's feeling better soon.

Nancy

My difficult child had the H1N1 flu too. She also had the season flu vaccine but not the swine vaccine. She was pretty sick for about two weeks and had a very bad cough after. We brought her home from college and stayed far away from her and made her wear masks and wash her hands a lot.

I hope he recovers soon.

Nancy

horserider

Our son was not put on antibiotics, just Theraflu, tylenol. My husband misunderstood. The nurse said his temp was down to 100 this morning, but tends to go back up by afternoon. There keeping a close eye on him, guess we will have to let it run it's corse. Boy this is a nasty season.

The media seems to spread the news of H1N1 deaths each night in our state (over 30), but could be as much as the regular flu, which they are not reporting at all. The media hype can get you concerned in itself.

Thanks for the good thoughts
Dawn